Deco x50 ethernet backhaul only works on 2/3 of decos.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-11 18:05:30
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.7

I have 4 deco x50 units, all setup in AP mode. They all connect to a TP-Link TL-SG1024DE switch.

For some reason 1 of the 3 satellite decos is always in wifi backhaul mode. If I reboot the wifi deco, it switches to ethernet backhaul but then kicks one of the other ethernet backhauled units to wifi backhaul. They have been like this since I got them 9 months ago.

I have tried different ports, cable, changing which deco is the main unit, disabled "Loop Prevention" in my switch. Nothing has made a difference.

How can I fix this? Should I bypass the switch entirely? Is this "working by design"? It's driving me crazy.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco x50 ethernet backhaul only works on 2/3 of decos.
2023-09-11 19:39:47

@shakgriig 

Do you have your Deco connected to the switch like this:

or like that:

If it is like on the first picture, I have an idea of what may be wrong.

If they all, including Main Deco, connect to the switch like on the second picture, I have no idea and would suggest bypassing the switch. Having one Satellite on WiFi backhaul in that configuration is not "working by design."

Options
2023-09-11 23:41:59

@Alexandre. It is setup like the second way. I will try switch bypass as soon as I can.

Options
2023-09-12 00:49:24

@Alexandre. The switch was the problem. Bypassing it worked and I tried with a small Zyxel (GS-105I) switch I had lying around, which also worked.

Unrelated side note: The inability to paste clipboard from other sources is kinda ridiculous.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 373

Replies: 3

Related Articles