FTP does NOT work from Internet when Bandwidth Control is enabled.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

FTP does NOT work from Internet when Bandwidth Control is enabled.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:FTP does NOT work from Internet when Bandwidth Control is enabled.
2014-01-09 16:11:29
Hi kdagli

Change the "Remote Management" port from "80" to other port, such as "2000"
Check if your problem will be solved :)
Options
2014-01-10 01:10:06

clockwerk goblin wrote

Hi kdagli

Change the "Remote Management" port from "80" to other port, such as "2000"
Check if your problem will be solved :)

lastest firmware fixed all the issues I was facing!! FTP and Remote management both works great even when Bandwidth control is enabled!!! HAPPY HAPPY!! this was the problem right from the day one I bought this product and Tp-link has fixed the BUG!

My router is version 2, earlier it was version 1. I got the replacement from Tp-link. Below link is hardware version 2.0 (do NOT upgrade version 1 router with below).

http://www.tp-link.com/resources/software/TD-W8968_V2_131224.zip
Options
2014-01-10 01:33:20
lastest firmware fixed all the issues I was facing!! FTP and Remote management both works great even when Bandwidth control is enabled!!! HAPPY HAPPY!! this was the problem right from the day one I bought this product and Tp-link has fixed the BUG!

My router is version 2, earlier it was version 1. I got the replacement from Tp-link. Below link is hardware version 2.0 (do NOT upgrade version 1 router with below).

http://www.tp-link.com/resources/sof..._V2_131224.zip
Options
2014-01-10 01:35:00

xilav wrote

Hello, I've the same issue with my v1 router:
Region : Italy
Model : TD-W8968
Hardware Version : V1
Firmware Version : TD-W8968_V1_130217 (latest from TP-link italian site)
ISP : Telecom Italia (smart 5)

I need to have QoS active as I've to allocate at least 128Kbit bandwidth for VoIP, and when I set up QoS ftp doesn't accepts connections from WAN (if I'm in the LAN network ftp is working well).
I know that TP_Link is focused on v2 now, but I urgently need that they will fix this issue :(
Do you have any news on it?
Options
2014-02-02 21:35:23
You can ask for a replacement with version 2 and update the firmware. This is what I did. Earlier I was having version 1, since it was having issues, TP-link replaced with version 2 and now I am all set.

kdagli wrote

Options
2014-02-02 21:36:29
You can ask for a replacement with version 2 and update the firmware. This is what I did. Earlier I was having version 1, since it was having issues, TP-link replaced with version 2 and now I am all set.
Options
Related Articles