Frequent Lag Spikes from my XE75 Pro

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-17 05:39:01
Tags: #Lag
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently have been having a lag spike problem with the XE75 Pro. It didn't happen for the first few months I owned it, it only started a few weeks ago. I even got a new modem from Spectrum today and I am still experiencing problems. When playing games, my ping goes from 30ms to 300ms and back down every few seconds, making most games unplayable. I have seen others online experiencing a similar issue. Their solution was to turn off the mesh network for the main device (pc) to stop it from switching nodes often. I can't even do this option as I am plugged into one of the deco units via Ethernet. I am using a deco upstairs which does have to wireless connect to the main deco unit. But I am not using WiFi per se. Below is a graph from one of my games showing consistent spikes up to 300ms every few seconds. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Frequent Lag Spikes from my XE75 Pro
2023-09-18 02:55:05

@SixTwoFive 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Is the upstairs satellite Deco XE75 Pro connected to the main Deco via 2.4/5/6 GHz wireless Backhaul? (You could check it on the device info of the satellite Deco, such as)

How much speed you could get on the gaming PC from Deco?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Frequent Lag Spikes from my XE75 Pro
2023-09-18 05:49:42

@David-TP Yes, the upstairs deco is connected to the main one. I did do a firmware update on the app and it was running great for a few hours. But then I started getting lag spikes again after a while. These ones weren't as frequent as before at least. But I would get spikes every few minutes. In terms of speed, I have 300mb internet and I get pretty close to that with the deco. I'm happy with the speed but I want it to be more consistent, especially while gaming.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 716

Replies: 2

Tags

Lag
Related Articles