Slow Download x20 firmware 1.2.3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-20 04:20:11
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.3

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm writing this post today to express my frustration and disappointment with the latest firmware update for the Deco X20, version 1.2.3. Ever since I installed this update this weekend, I've been experiencing painfully slow internet download speeds (400-500mbps on a 1gbps connection), and I've tried everything to resolve the issue.

First and foremost, I want to make it clear that I've meticulously verified my configuration settings multiple times. I made sure that all my Deco X20 units were updated to the latest firmware, and I double-checked all my network settings. No stone was left unturned on that front.

I also tried playing around with the Quality of Service (QoS) settings. I adjusted them, removed them, and adjusted them again to see if that would make a difference. Unfortunately, it didn't. I even tried contacting my Internet Service Provider (ISP) several times to verify my internet speed. They assured me that there were no issues on their end, and the speeds were as they should be. I independently verified this by taking my main modem out of bridge mode to verify speeds at the modem, and they were at 1gbps.

At this point, I'm convinced that the issue lies with the Deco X20 firmware update 1.2.3. Before this update, I never had any issues with my internet speeds. It's become increasingly clear that something went wrong with this particular firmware release, and it's having a significant negative impact on my online experience.

To test this point, I downgraded all the X20's to 1.2.1 update (the previous update), and they all worked perfectly. I am getting consistent speedtest results of 1gbps. Nothing hardware or networking-wise has changed except for the upgrade and then downgrade of the X20 firmware.

I'm reaching out to the community to see if anyone else is experiencing similar problems after updating to firmware version 1.2.3. If you've encountered slow download speeds or have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue, please share your experiences and insights. I'm hoping that together, we can find a solution or, at the very least, get the attention of the Deco support team to address this frustrating problem.

Thanks for your time, and let's hope for a speedy resolution!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow Download x20 firmware 1.2.3
2023-09-22 00:59:37 - last edited 2023-09-22 01:04:34

@notanidiot 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

I would like to forward your case to the engineers later for further assistance. Please check whether you could get my email.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following details:

1. May I know your internet service provider and the model number of the ISP-provided modem router?

2. Can I have some screenshots of the speedtest from the main Deco?

3. If possible, are you able to send some screenshots of the speedtest from the ISP modem router when it is out of bridge mode and works as a router?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options