Web access Deco M4R Wifi Coverage Settings what are these for?

Web access Deco M4R Wifi Coverage Settings what are these for?

24 Reply
Re:Web access Deco M4R Wifi Coverage Settings what are these for?
2023-11-20 08:09:49

@Chrisparf Hi David did you look at the logs I sent yet?

Options
2023-11-20 08:12:53
David no clues in the logs?
Options
2023-11-20 14:03:15

@Chrisparf 

Same issues here with the same firmware version..

Also the option enable IGMP is not available anymore..

When you browse to the system parameter page, the error message "operation failed" appears.

Options
2023-11-20 14:11:14

@David-TP 

Same issues here with same firmware version..

Also the option enable IGMP disappeared..

Options
2023-11-21 01:32:58

@Chrisparf 

Hi, I am sorry the logs were submitted successfully about two months ago but they hadn't been picked out in time.

Then I found I might make a mistake. We mainly set up and manage Deco via the Deco APP so we usually ask for APP logs. But this time, I might need your help to send me the system log from the web UI. Sorry again for the inconvenience. (You could send it to support.forum@tp-link.com)

@Sietse-vdh 

@Pascal52 

The engineers still believe the abnormal display of the web UI is due to the limited CPU and memory capacity of Deco M4. I see both two new feedbacks are about Deco M4_V2.

Could you please do me a favor? Please temporarily power off the two satellite Deco M4 units, leave the main Deco M4 only, and then restart the main Deco once.

After that, please try to log into the web UI again to see whether "WiFi Coverage" is still here.

-------

(Previous Reply)

"the Wi-Fi coverage section is not supposed to show up on any models. After further confirmation with the engineers, this part only appeared when the current connection was temporarily buffered, then it would disappear after the web UI was properly loaded."

As for the "IGMP" option, Deco supports both IGMP V2 and V3 which are enabled by default. The IGMP on/off switch on the web UI is to fix IGMP to V3 only which is required for some internet service providers. 

I didn't have Deco M4_V2 at hand for a test. But I saw from the attached pictures of Chrisparf that there wasn't an IGMP on/off switch either, so I think maybe Deco M4_V2 does not support fixing IGMP to V3.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-11-21 06:00:52

@David-TP 

Hi David,

Your theory seems to be correct.

I've logged on the main deco, it is early in the morning. So not much activity on the wifi.

And the page seems correct.

Enable IGMP is there

Unicast setting is there

Wifi channel setting is gone.

Options
2023-11-21 08:51:27

@David-TP  I have sent the requested logs via email, regarding the request to power off and reboot I will do this later today and send the findings ...

Chris

Options
2023-11-21 10:17:06

@David-TP  Hi David no luck I am seeing the same issues even after disconnecting my 2 satelites and rebooting main Deco see screenshot from today no change  :

Options
2023-11-23 14:45:44

@Chrisparf Update after upgrading to Beta Firmware I now cannot access System Parameters in the Web UI as when I click on "System Parameters"  I see a spinning blue wheel in the centre of the UI like below ... and the UI freezes, to unfreeze UI i press browser back button.

Options
2023-11-23 21:48:25

@Chrisparf  Hi I accessed the WebUI this evening from my iPad this evening and system parameters worked and UI did not lockup, see screenshots below (when I had spinning circle after the f/w upgrade was on My mini Mac) 

Options
Related Articles