6GHz dedicated backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

6GHz dedicated backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
6GHz dedicated backhaul
6GHz dedicated backhaul
2023-09-20 14:52:48 - last edited 2023-09-25 09:16:07
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Are anty of these statements true?

There's no point in using the 6GHz as the dedicated backhaul unless:

• You have no 6GHz clients, and
  • You can place the hardware units at a relatively short distance from each other within a line of sight.x

1. The TP-Link Deco XE75 uses the 6GHz band as "dedicated backhaul," which means it doesn't make this band available to clients (normal state). However, it relies on the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band for backhaul when the 6GHz is out of range (and certaily is out of range with a wall between units, hence never uses 6GHz) therefore there no need for dedicated backhaul.

2. Using the 6GHz as the dedicated backhaul is only beneficial if you have no 6GHz clients and can position the satellite units relatively close to each other and in a direct line of sight.

How can I see which band is being used for backhaul? Are there any tools recomenned for this? I'm thinking I could use these tools to ensure I at least stay on 5GHz.

Regards,

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:6GHz dedicated backhaul-Solution
2023-09-21 09:45:10 - last edited 2023-09-25 09:16:07

@Aldind 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It is suggested to refer to Common Questions Regarding Wi-Fi 6E Deco-

Q3: Do I need to upgrade my Mesh system into Wi-Fi 6E even if I do not have any 6GHz wireless clients?

You could check the Backhaul on the satellite units here:

If you have no 6 GHz clients, satellite Deco units could still transfer data with the main Deco over 6 Ghz which could improve the internet speed on the satellite unit, then devices that are connected to the satellite Deco via 2.4/5 GHz could also get a better speed.

Satellite Deco units do need to be properly installed but the actual distance might vary in house patterns and Wi-Fi interference. A direct clear sight could always guarantee a stronger 6 GHz backhaul.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:6GHz dedicated backhaul-Solution
2023-09-21 09:45:10 - last edited 2023-09-25 09:16:07

@Aldind 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It is suggested to refer to Common Questions Regarding Wi-Fi 6E Deco-

Q3: Do I need to upgrade my Mesh system into Wi-Fi 6E even if I do not have any 6GHz wireless clients?

You could check the Backhaul on the satellite units here:

If you have no 6 GHz clients, satellite Deco units could still transfer data with the main Deco over 6 Ghz which could improve the internet speed on the satellite unit, then devices that are connected to the satellite Deco via 2.4/5 GHz could also get a better speed.

Satellite Deco units do need to be properly installed but the actual distance might vary in house patterns and Wi-Fi interference. A direct clear sight could always guarantee a stronger 6 GHz backhaul.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 654

Replies: 1

Related Articles