XE75 Pro QOS? How does it work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-23 17:26:39
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi,

Just after a bit of info, I have a fast internet connection, 1144Mbps down and 100Mbps up. I do however use GeForce Now for game streaming so thought it might be a good idea to put the laptop I use in the high priority section just in case there were devices doing big downloads etc?

Does the QOS do anything without a device in the high priority section? I set the bandwidth to 500Mbps and upload to 50Mbps and when I did a speedtest I was still getting my full internet speed? I had thought maybe if I just set the bandwidth in there to 90% of my bandwidth then it would give me some overhead for time sensitive packets to get out when the link is being saturated?

Also what exactly is happening when the device is in High Priority?

Any info appreciated 👍🏻

Options
3 Reply
Re:XE75 Pro QOS? How does it work
2023-09-24 07:07:49 - last edited 2023-09-24 07:09:59

@Migishand it's been said many times for other manufactures that have QOS there is no benefit using it if your link speed is above 300mbps.

Options
2023-09-24 07:20:14

raven-au wrote

@Migishand it's been said many times for other manufactures that have QOS there is no benefit using it if your link speed is above 300mbps.

I think it's dependant on your use case, latency is very important for me. Currently when downloads or uploads happen on the network my ping raises up >60ms which makes GeForce Now and gaming in general less that ideal. 

Options
2023-09-24 12:04:51

@Migishand  right, then you would need to set those devices to high priority, I believe that will put io requests for those devices at the head of output packet queue.

Other than that my experience with other QOS implementations appears that some percentage of the available bandwidth is not available until there is extra io pressure so that responses remain fairly good. This doesn't always work under heavy load but is usually pretty good. Together with the above it should provide good results most of the time.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 663

Replies: 3

Related Articles