Thick walls, 8 deco’s and they claim to be offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-25 19:17:52

Hi

I live in an old house with thick stone walls. We have been using deco ac1200's for a while - we had 6 dotted around the house and it was mostly okay but we had a few black spots. 
So we ordered 3 more only couldn't get the same and ended up with ac1900's. I checked and the web says we can mix and match, but ac1900 was not an option when doing the setup, so I picked ac1200 for them. 
anyways, I added them and now we seem to have worse coverage than before. The deco map shows all of them as offline except for the main one. 
I've tried restarting them and they all come back on with a white light but the app still shows them as offline. 
is this because I can't really mix 1200's with 1900's?

sorry I can't say what firmware etc they are on because the stupid app won't let me! 
thanks

Sue

Options
4 Reply
Re:Thick walls, 8 deco’s and they claim to be offline
2023-09-26 04:23:54

@MrsSnowWolf I'm guessing "ac1200" are Deco M4 and "ac1900" are Deco S7?

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2023-09-26 07:57:41

@ImtiazAli 

Hi

I didn't realise the ac number wasn't the model number as that's what was written on the box. Looking on their labels I can see there is a different one. 

the ac1900 are the s7 as you say but the ac1200's appear to be e4r's

sue

Options
2023-09-26 11:03:47

@MrsSnowWolf 

Hi, Did all the 8 Deco units(5*Deco M4+3*Deco S7) wirelessly connected to each other?

• Normally, we recommend up to 6 units for a pure wireless Mesh system and is there any chance that you could connect some of them via Ethernet cables?

How many Deco units can I add to my Deco mesh network?

And can you still access the internet when Deco is white but the Deco APP reported they were offline?

Could you help me submit the Deco APP log here:

How to submit Deco APP log

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-09-26 12:09:37

@David-TP 

hi. I've sent the report over. I can't hard wire any of them, but we might not need to use all 8. 
I'll drop to 6 and see what happens. 
thanks

sue

Options