Archer VR2100 Manual Reboot/Schedule: DSL link won't initialize after restart

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-25 19:56:02 - last edited 2023-09-25 20:05:50
Tags: #DSL recovery
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 0.9.1

Hi,

When I manually reboot or wait for the Schedule, the router DSL link won't attempt to initialize in 30 minutes I waited.

At the time, the Internet indicator LED is just off, not flashing.

To recover from this issue, I need to disconnect/reconnect the phone line, then the Internet/DSL line recovers in about 1 minute.

I would like to Schedule a weekly reboot but cannot do this as I won't be on-site to disconnect the phone line after the restart.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer VR2100 Manual Reboot/Schedule: DSL link won't initialize after restart
2023-09-27 11:18:17

@craig101 

Make sure that you're with the latest FW for VR2100 - Archer VR2100(EU)_V1_1.6.0 Build 220518

Make sure that you're with this setting on your internet connection:

If that doesn't help try restarting the VR2100 from the power supply and check if the DSL connection restores automatically.

Then reboot VR2100 manually from the web management GUI and check if the DSL connection restores automatically.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Archer VR2100 Manual Reboot/Schedule: DSL link won't initialize after restart
2023-09-28 07:46:17

@terziyski thanks for your reply!

My Build 220518 Rel.41627n

I checked the connection mode, set to Auto.

I just rebooted it again this afternoon, on the web management GUI (top-right reboot button) and again the DSL link did not come up.

Also, see the photo Internet LED does not light after the reboot.

Again to fix it, I need to disconnect/reconnect the phone line, internet returns (LED is showing)

regards

Craig

after boot

Options
2023-09-28 09:51:54 - last edited 2023-09-28 09:55:22

@craig101 

Did you try to reboot the modem by removing its power supply for 5 sec then check if the DSL line connects automatically ?

If you observe the same behavior contact your local tech support for assistance and describe the issue in an e-mail - here.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-09-28 23:22:25

@terziyski Today, pulling out the power and returning the lead after 10 seconds, the DSL link did recover after 1 minute.

thanks

Options
2023-10-24 19:24:47

craig101 wrote

@terziyski thanks for your reply!

My Build 220518 Rel.41627n

I checked the connection mode, set to Auto.

I just rebooted it again this afternoon, on the web management GUI (top-right reboot button) and again the DSL link did not come up.

Also, see the photo Internet LED does not light after the reboot.

Again to fix it, I need to disconnect/reconnect the phone line, internet returns (LED is showing)

regards

Craig

after boot

@craig101 

What you have marked in the photo is the "Internet Status" and not the "DSL Line Status". The "DSL Line Status" is the LED under the marking.

I had the same problem with the "Internet Status" that won't connect after restart with the Archer VR2100v (the DSL Line initialize fine after restart).

To solve the problem it helps to add a second "Internet Connection" in the advanced settings (with your settings to connect to the internet). For the first "Internet Connection" you have to set the "Connection Mode" to manually, otherwise the router tries constant to connect to both internet connections (as you can see in System Log).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 440

Replies: 5

Tags

DSL recovery
Related Articles