Printer fails DHCP in Wi-Fi Router Mode Deco X50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-26 17:16:45
Tags: #DHCP
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230522 Rel. 68968

Hi all,

I have an Oki MC 363 printer connected to my Deco devices via Wi-Fi. A couple of days ago, I changed my Deco to a router instead of an access point (AP), and since then, DHCP has been managed by my Deco.

When I turn on my printer, it successfully connects to Wi-Fi and receives an IP from DHCP. However, after a few hours (possibly due to the printer entering a deep sleep mode), it starts to fail to get an IP address, and I can't reach my printer on the network. It remains connected to Wi-Fi, but somehow DHCP fails. I've been using this printer for nearly 2 years with Zyxel, Huawei, and Linux DHCP servers, and I've never encountered this kind of problem. So, I believe this issue is related to the Deco DHCP server.

I've tried to reserve an IP at the Deco app, but that hasn't worked either. My last option is to set a dedicated IP address for the printer, but I wanted to mention my problem in the community as well.

Thanks for your help, and have a good day!

Regards,

Options
4 Reply
Re:Printer fails DHCP in Wi-Fi Router Mode Deco X50
2023-09-27 06:21:42 - last edited 2023-09-27 08:09:57

@akinomeroglu 

Hi,

whether the Ethernet connection can get IP normally ,can other devices connect to WiFi  get a IP

you can try to restart the printer and Deco  and check the result 

Options
2023-09-27 08:18:38

@akinomeroglu 

Hi, nice to see you again.

Is the printer the only device that failed to get the IP address properly after Deco was switched to router mode?

If you turn off Wi-Fi on the printer and enable it again, will it be able to reconnect to Deco?

If possible, could you please help me run a simple test:

Enable the guest network on Deco and connect the printer to the guest network. Then check whether the same issue continued.

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2023-09-27 08:25:24

Hello  @David-TP 

Thanks for your reply.

Yes the printer is the only device suffers from this problem right now. I have 30 devices on my wireless network right now sometimes google nest hubs lost it's connection but I can't be sure it is caused by wifi or dhcp.

When I turn off and on wifi it can not assign an IP but a hard reset solves my problem.

I'll try guest network tonight and will came back to you with my findings.

Regards,

--

Akın

Options
2023-09-27 16:11:49

I have the same (or similar) issue with an older Epson printer and Deco XE75

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 344

Replies: 4