Votes

I hope someone from TP-Link will actually bother to get back to me because twice now, no response...

Votes

I hope someone from TP-Link will actually bother to get back to me because twice now, no response...

2023-09-26 21:30:30
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.4

The Ax11000 has recieved TWO firmware updates in quick succession for various reasons (I think 1.3.3 was security patches and the latest 1.3.4 is a homecare/qos bug fix).

Why can't TP-Link combine the Easymesh update within these firmware updates?

In the UK the Archer AX11000 is still (as far as I am aware) the best consumer grade router currently for sale.

Why are the cheaper TP-Link offerings recieving updates to easymesh capability far quicker than the customers who spend the most money with you?

I have an entirely TP-Link household with 4x RE700x Access points which are already Easymesh capable and a router that doesn't have the capability to run them in easymesh mode because the firmware development team can't prioritise the supposidly best consumer equiptment that TP-Link has to offer.

To put it simply:

Why am I forced to run all of the access points I have in low transmit power mode in the hopes that each client will decide to jump to the nearest AP when you could have incorperated Ethernet backhaul into OneMesh years ago, or even minimum RSSI settings into your consumer grade access points or routers years ago.

It seems like such a common sense thing to do but it just has been completely overlooked!

The AX11000 has easymesh coming according to the compatibility page but even then when you read the forums the ethernet backhaul feature is totally pot luck with some customers having access to the feature and some not.

As much as I do like your products, If easymesh gets incorperated into my AX11000 without ethernet backhaul to my RE700x satellites I will be forced to sell the lot and look for a better solution from another company.

PLEASE Pull your finger out TP-Link!

TP-LINK. WE NEED ETHERNET BACKHAUL ON ONEMESH OR RSSI OR EASYMESH INCORPORATED INTO CONSUMER PRODUCTS NOW!!
Options
4 Reply
Re:I hope someone from TP-Link will actually bother to get back to me because twice now, no response...
2023-09-27 03:43:45 - last edited a week ago

@ZakCT 

Thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community and all the feedback. 

Currently, the AX11000 V1 router does not support EasyMesh but it does support OneMesh, enabling you to create a OneMesh network with your RE700X.

You could follow this guide to join OneMesh network: How to Join an OneMesh Network with a Range Extender Already Set Up

Please note that in order to use Ethernet Backhaul, it is necessary for both the main router and the satellite device to support this feature. However, the RE700X, while supporting EasyMesh, does not support Ethernet Backhaul.

Consequently, even if your WiFi router supports both EasyMesh and Ethernet Backhaul, when used with the RE700X, only WiFi Backhaul can be utilized. Ultimately, the functionality in this scenario is essentially the same as using OneMesh.

For EasyMesh compatibility, please always refer to the compatibility list: TP-Link EasyMesh Devices

We consistently optimize our products and incorporate new features based on technological advancements and user feedback. However, customers make purchases based on the existing features and functionality, rather than future enhancements. The quality or price of a product is influenced not only by its feature support, but also by factors such as specifications, performance, and chipsets etc.. Thus, we strongly advise customers to verify that the desired features are already supported before making a purchase.

Options
Re:I hope someone from TP-Link will actually bother to get back to me because twice now, no response...
2023-10-18 18:19:25

ZakCT wrote

The Ax11000 has recieved TWO firmware updates in quick succession for various reasons (I think 1.3.3 was security patches and the latest 1.3.4 is a homecare/qos bug fix).

Why can't TP-Link combine the Easymesh update within these firmware updates?

In the UK the Archer AX11000 is still (as far as I am aware) the best consumer grade router currently for sale.

Why are the cheaper TP-Link offerings recieving updates to easymesh capability far quicker than the customers who spend the most money with you?

I have an entirely TP-Link household with 4x RE700x Access points which are already Easymesh capable and a router that doesn't have the capability to run them in easymesh mode because the firmware development team can't prioritise the supposidly best consumer equiptment that TP-Link has to offer.

To put it simply:

Why am I forced to run all of the access points I have in low transmit power mode in the hopes that each client will decide to jump to the nearest AP when you could have incorperated Ethernet backhaul into OneMesh years ago, or even minimum RSSI settings into your consumer grade access points or routers years ago.

It seems like such a common sense thing to do but it just has been completely overlooked!

The AX11000 has easymesh coming according to the compatibility page but even then when you read the forums the ethernet backhaul feature is totally pot luck with some customers having access to the feature and some not.

As much as I do like your products, If easymesh gets incorperated into my AX11000 without ethernet backhaul to my RE700x satellites I will be forced to sell the lot and look for a better solution from another company.

PLEASE Pull your finger out TP-Link!

I'm having the exact same problem and I've been waiting for tp link to come out with a firmware update so I can combine my  ax10000 and gx90 to create a one mesh network instead I had to put one in access point mode which takes half of the reasons why I bought the product in the first place away. I as well have only tp link devices so I'm gonna be right where your at I'm almost done with tp link. 

Options
RE:I hope someone from TP-Link will actually bother to get back to me because twice now, no response...
2023-12-19 13:07:26
Frustrating that 2 routers can not form one mesh and ax11000 does not support easy mesh...
Options
a week ago
Hi, Why is the AX11000 no longer receiving the easymesh update?
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 430

Replies: 4

Voters 2

Tags