New Modem/Router lost Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-28 20:23:48
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Installed new Modem/Router combo. No connection established to formerly functioning extender. Spent hours with TP-Link chat. Worked momentarily but quit. He pretty much gave up. On my own tried: Reset. Changed name of extender. Banged desk. No connection. Asks for a WPA? password even after I reset the old one. Help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:New Modem/Router lost Extender
2023-10-08 12:15:01

@cmoore34 

Hi, Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

I browsed the chat record and the agent seemed to have tried all the suggestions, even providing a beta firmware.

May I know how long you have had the TL-WA855RE_V1? Based on the label you have provided, it was produced in 2016.

Since TL-WA855RE_v1 is 2.4GHz only, could you please try to test whether it could link to your mobile hotspot?

If it still, only worked for a couple of hours and then disconnected, I think it is very likely the hardware is aging and you might need to get it replaced.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 208

Replies: 1

Related Articles