TP-Link Deco S7 LED Issue: Lights Go Solid White After a While Despite LED Setting Off

TP-Link Deco S7 LED Issue: Lights Go Solid White After a While Despite LED Setting Off

2023-09-28 21:47:42 - last edited 2023-10-09 06:23:24
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1

Hello,

I am reaching out regarding my TP-Link Deco S7 (EU) system, which consists of three units, all running version 1.20 with Firmware Version 1.4.1 Build 20230324 Rel. 50892. I have been using them for nearly a week.

I have noticed a persistent issue with the LED settings on my Deco phone application. Specifically, the LED lights remain off on all three Deco units for approximately 24 hours. However, after this time period, the lights consistently become solid white on all of my Deco units.

To address this problem, I have attempted to resolve it by power cycling the Decos or by toggling the LED setting on and off within the Deco phone application. However, this only temporarily restores the LED lights to their off state, and they revert to solid white after nearly 24 hours.

I have thoroughly checked the system logs (http://tplinkdeco.net/#sysLog) and have not found any errors or anomalies that could explain this behavior.

I am reaching out to inquire whether this issue is a known bug and if there are any recommended solutions or troubleshooting steps that you can suggest to resolve it.

Your assistance in addressing this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and support.

@TP-Link

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-Link Deco S7 LED Issue: Lights Go Solid White After a While Despite LED Setting Off-Solution
2023-10-02 15:23:53 - last edited 2023-10-09 06:23:24

@David-TP 

Hi,

Even if Deco's lights aren't on or they are on, my internet connection is always working.

I experience this situation every day.

Setting another Deco as the main Deco does not solve the problem.

When I set Deco application -> Led Control -> LED = Active, Led Off Time = Active (Start Time: 12.00 AM - End Time: 11.59 PM), the problem is solved and the LED lights never turn on as I wanted. This seem the only always working setting for turning the LED lights off.

To repeat the problem:
1) Set the "Start Time" and "End Time" values of the LED Off Time setting in the Deco application to 2 random values and save the settings.
2) Deco app -> Led Control -> set LED = Passive.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:TP-Link Deco S7 LED Issue: Lights Go Solid White After a While Despite LED Setting Off
2023-10-02 05:52:30

@meto85 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Were you still having internet when the LED lights were off?

How many times have you noticed this issue so far?

Could you please refer to this link to set up a different Deco as the main Deco to see whether it helped:

How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:TP-Link Deco S7 LED Issue: Lights Go Solid White After a While Despite LED Setting Off-Solution
2023-10-02 15:23:53 - last edited 2023-10-09 06:23:24

@David-TP 

Hi,

Even if Deco's lights aren't on or they are on, my internet connection is always working.

I experience this situation every day.

Setting another Deco as the main Deco does not solve the problem.

When I set Deco application -> Led Control -> LED = Active, Led Off Time = Active (Start Time: 12.00 AM - End Time: 11.59 PM), the problem is solved and the LED lights never turn on as I wanted. This seem the only always working setting for turning the LED lights off.

To repeat the problem:
1) Set the "Start Time" and "End Time" values of the LED Off Time setting in the Deco application to 2 random values and save the settings.
2) Deco app -> Led Control -> set LED = Passive.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TP-Link Deco S7 LED Issue: Lights Go Solid White After a While Despite LED Setting Off
2023-10-09 06:31:41

@meto85 

Thank you very much for the update.

The temporary workaround is both innovative and remarkably helpful. The unexpected behavior you encountered is intriguing. I will promptly report this to our engineers and investigate if there has been any similar feedback from other users. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention!

Options
2024-02-04 09:13:36

@David-TP 

Im having this same issue with the LED management...even though i set the time on it they are staying on,i have 5 Deco's linked together.

The other thing is when i go to do a software update it does it but then it still says there is an update available.

scott

Options
2024-04-18 16:59:15
Im having the same issue. Led wont stay off. Have to.turn it on and off every night.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 607

Replies: 5

Related Articles