Access to configuration page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-29 13:30:08
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello all,

I am asking your help with the following problem: I have a WPA 4226 kit V1.3 and need to access it's configuration, this version is not supported by the app and my router (ZTE F680) uses the same IP address (192.168.1.1) for admin page so it blocks my access to the powerline configuration IP (and blocks 192.168.0.1 also, that I read it's an alternative IP for the powerline).

Any ideas on how I can access the configuration of the powerline?

Thanks in advance,

Pedro

Options
7 Reply
Re:Access to configuration page
2023-09-29 18:43:13

@pmfinacio 

Hi,

The first thing I would try is whether the TL-WPA4226 responds to the address http://tplinkplc.net/ .

In case it doesn't, then you will need to find the actual IP address of the TL-WPA4226.

I think like basically every router the ZTE F680 should provide something like a client list within its admin page, where you should see the IP address. If not, then use a network scanner software to find the IP address of the TL-WPA4226. ("Advanced IP Scanner" would be a free example that can be run without installation)

Options
2023-09-29 22:00:38
Thanks for your help, let me add an additional information: I use Linux (Ubuntu) so Advanced IP scanner is not a possible tool. Regarding your sugestions: When accessing http://tplinkplc.net/ I get the error page that directs me to the utility but there is none for Linux so it's a dead end. In the list of devices conected with the router the WPA4226 is not included (don't ask me why, I also don't understand...). I will search for an alternative software for ip scanning that works in Linux but am not confident that it will work because I had a similar problem in the past with a signal extender and it also did not had an ip that I could use. Again, thanks for your help!
Options
2023-09-30 00:19:52

@pmfinacio 

For Linux you could use "Angry IP Scanner". It's very similar to the other one for Windows.

Besides, another thing to try would be to disconnect the Ethernet cable that connects the Powerline adapters to the router and then power-cycle the WPA4226. If the WPA4226 is stand-alone and has no connection to a router with DHCP, then it should be accessible via the default IP address mentioned in the WPA4226's user manual.

Options
2023-09-30 09:10:11

@woozle 

Thanks for the tips, I will try them both. 

I already tried accessing the WPA with the rooter switched off and it did not work, the laptrop returned an error because it could not reach DHCP and register in the network so it could also not reach the WPA. I left the topic for a later time to test with static IP but did not had time to do it yet.

Thanks again for the help.

Options
2023-10-06 15:10:51

@woozle 

Sorry for the late answer but I did not had time to fight with this topic in the last days.

Thanks for your help, Angry ip solved the problem, what I don't understand is why my piece of sh@ rooter does not show the ip directly...

In any case I faced a new problem, in the administration page I don't have an option to add a new wireless SSID, can only change the existing one, Any idea on how to add one?

Thanks again,

Pedro

Options
2023-10-06 18:32:09

@pmfinacio 

If you can't find such an option in the admin page, then there is no way to do it.

You can check if your TL-WPA4220 maybe has a "Guest Network" option, which could also be used to make a second SSID, but I fear that this was added in later versions of the product and the V1.3 does not have it.

Options
2023-10-06 18:58:58

@woozle 

No, Guest network is not available...

It's strange that I can't had a second one, via cloning directly from the router it adds 2, if the router allows it (this one does not, piece of sh@...).

Anyway, again, thanks a lot for the help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 349

Replies: 7

Related Articles