Deco M5 (v1 and v3) - Firmware Update Listed on TP Link Website But Not Showing Up In App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 (v1 and v3) - Firmware Update Listed on TP Link Website But Not Showing Up In App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-04 11:34:33
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.1 Build 20230608 Rel. 74023

Since Sept 30 the Malicious Content Filter, Intrusion Prevention System, and Infected Device Quarantine has not been working. 

My September monthly report states that zero attacks have been blocked for the month - typically the report will list multiple attacks and malicious content blocks every day.

I also note that the Parental Controls are no longer working, meaning my kids can access whatever they like, whenever they like, on the network.

From searching the forums this appears to be a known problem, new firmware to fix this problem for my Deco M5 is listed on this site (1.7.3 Build 20230906 Rel. 59213) but so far has not been picked up by either the app or the Web Interface.  I am still on 1.7.1 Build 20230608 Rel. 74023

When will this firmware update be available to Deco M5 via app or Web Interface?  I need to be able to protect my network and keep a lid on what my kids are able to do on it.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 (v1 and v3) - Firmware Update Listed on TP Link Website But Not Showing Up In App
2023-10-13 06:02:11 - last edited 2023-10-13 06:07:09

@Blackhole  Download it here.    Download for Deco M5 | TP-Link

As for the problem you said that the latest firmware is not detected on the Deco APP, you can see the instructions by accessing Update Deco - Home Network Community (tp-link.com)

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 454

Replies: 1

Related Articles