Archer AX53 AX3000 Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 6 Router Performance Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-07 04:29:35
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230627 rel.39033(5553)

I have recently purchased the TP-LINK Archer AX53 AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Gigabit Router from Amazon. I was using Archer C80 before this one. I am noticing that navigating through the Web GUI and the Tether app for AX53 is very slow and sometimes unresponsive. The performance of the router is also not satisfying. It randomly drops devices from a Wi-Fi connection and wired clients. Sometimes I have to manually re-connect them to Wi-Fi again.

I am not sure if it is a hardware issue and it can be fixed via a firmware update or if this is how AX53 generally performs.

Maximum 3 client devices are connected at any point in time. One tablet, one mobile and one Laptop. Restarting does not solve the issue.

Random devices disconnect at one time.

A random disconnect issue is happening for both 2.4 & 5 Ghz networks. I have tried using the 'Network Performance Optimization' from the Tether app to solve any channel-related issue but it didn't help that much.

Sometimes wired connections are also dropping. But it's much less than the wireless one.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer AX53 AX3000 Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 6 Router Performance Issue
2023-10-08 08:41:31

@User0001 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. When the issue happens, the random client device will disconnect from the WiFi network, other client devices are still working fine, right?

2. When the issue happens, usually it will recover automatically, but sometimes, it will not recover automatically even after restarting the router, and you have to reconnect the WiFi manually, right?

3. Is there any change on the LED status of the router when the issue happens? such as Internet LED turns red or orange? and who is your ISP?

4. Did you try to disable Smart Connect on the router and set WiFi channel&Channel Width manually for both bands? If not, please have a try.

5. Please try configuring Internet DNS Servers manually on Advanced->Network->Internet page.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Archer AX53 AX3000 Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 6 Router Performance Issue
2023-10-08 08:53:34

@Sunshine 

1. Random disconnects happpen to all the connected devices.

2. Yes, sometimes issue gets recovered automatically. (Client devices reconnect to Wi-Fi automatically). Other times I have to connect them manually. I don't restart the router.

3. No, there's no changes in LED indicators of the router. My ISP is Jio Fiber. I have a 200 Mbps up/down FTTH connection.

4. I don't use Smart Connect. 2.4 & 5 Ghz networks are set up individually with Channel settings in 'Auto'.

5. DNS servers are set up manually. Primary is 8.8.8.8 and secondary is 1.1.1.1

Sunshine wrote

@User0001 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. When the issue happens, the random client device will disconnect from the WiFi network, other client devices are still working fine, right?

2. When the issue happens, usually it will recover automatically, but sometimes, it will not recover automatically even after restarting the router, and you have to reconnect the WiFi manually, right?

3. Is there any change on the LED status of the router when the issue happens? such as Internet LED turns red or orange? and who is your ISP?

4. Did you try to disable Smart Connect on the router and set WiFi channel&Channel Width manually for both bands? If not, please have a try.

5. Please try configuring Internet DNS Servers manually on Advanced->Network->Internet page.

Options