Unable to Access FTP Server on Archer C6U from Secondary Routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-07 22:17:55
Model: Archer C6U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

Hello TP-Link Community,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm encountering an issue with my home network setup, and I'm seeking your expertise to help me resolve it. Here's the situation:

**Network Overview:**

- I have a fiber connection coming into my main router.

- From the main router, I have connected 2-3 secondary Wi-Fi routers using dynamic connections.

- One of these secondary routers is an Archer C6U, which hosts an FTP server.

- I can access the FTP server on the Archer C6U only when I am connected directly to it, not from any other secondary router.

**Problem Description:**

I am using the Archer C6U's FTP server to access my files within my home network mesh. The issue is that I can access the FTP server only when I am connected directly to the Archer C6U's Wi-Fi network. When I switch to any other secondary router's Wi-Fi network, I lose access to the FTP server.

**Additional Information:**

- My ISP has provided me with a private IP address, and I do not have a public IP.

- I would like to access the FTP server from any device connected to any of the secondary routers within my home network mesh.

- I've discovered that my ISP has implemented double NAT on my connection.

**Questions:**

1. What could be causing the issue of not being able to access the FTP server from secondary routers?

2. Is there a way to configure my network to allow FTP server access from any secondary router within my home network mesh?

3. Can I access the FTP server using my mobile data connection, considering I have a private IP and the double NAT configuration?

I would greatly appreciate any guidance, tips, or solutions you can provide to help me resolve this issue. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards,

Joules

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to Access FTP Server on Archer C6U from Secondary Routers
2023-10-08 10:21:19 - last edited 2023-10-08 10:21:31

@Joules1 

Hi, is the Archer C6U secondary router working on router mode?

If so, the devices under other secondary router are in WAN side of the C6U router, which is different from devices under C6U router, please make sure FTP(Via Internet) is enabled, or devices in WAN side of the C6U will not be able to access the FTP Server.

After FTP(Via Internet) is enabled, on the devices connected to other secondary routers, please use ftp:wan ip of C6U:port to access the FTP Server.

In addition, regarding your last question, since your main router has no public IP address, the FTP Server on C6U is always behind ISP NATs, thus it is not possible to access the FTP server by using mobile data.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-08 11:49:47
Then what is ddns in this context will that be helpfull @Sunshine
Options
2023-10-09 01:14:23

@Joules1 

Hi, DDNS will bind your public IP address to a fixed domain name, but it will not be able to solve the double NATs issue.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 425

Replies: 3

Related Articles