1.12.20 Build 230608, the worst update I have ever used on Archer c54.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-10 18:50:18 - last edited 2023-10-11 17:52:00
Model: Archer C54  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.20 Build 230608

Every time I update any new features are added or the speed of the router is increased. But with this update my router has become very laggy and the web UI is not working properly and gets stuck on the loading screen after a while. 

1. Taking too long to load.
    Sometimes it gets stuck on this page. As a result I have to reload the page again.

2. Stuck on loading screen.
    In this case also the same needs to be done. But sometimes it is able to load the page even with extra time. { This doesn't just happen with the Time & Language option, it can happen with any page. }

3. Diagnostics option is not working as before.
    Most of the time it works sometimes it doesn't.

I also discovered some new bugs.to see the post click here Devices connected to the LAN are getting internet speed in chunks.

Dear developers please solve these problems and make my router smooth as before.crying

Options
2 Reply
Re:1.12.20 Build 230608, the worst update I have ever used on Archer c54.
2023-10-11 07:59:56

@Efte 

Hi, will the above three issues happen on all the client devices including wired and also wireless devices?

How many client devices are usually connected to the Archer C54 router and what are they?

Regarding the LAN speed issue mentioned in your another thread, do you mean speed is unstable, right? did you try different Ethernet cables and also different LAN ports?

How about running speedtest on Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test site? is the wired connection speedtest results normal?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:1.12.20 Build 230608, the worst update I have ever used on Archer c54.
2023-10-11 09:24:41 - last edited 2023-10-11 10:05:36

@Sunshine 

1. Hi, will the above three issues happen on all the client devices including wired and also wireless devices?
    ans: Hello. Yes,The full Web UI is very leggy, whether the connection is wired or wireless.

2. How many client devices are usually connected to the Archer C54 router and what are they?
    ans: Most of the time it is 3 but from 9:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m. it is 5 or 6.

3. Regarding the LAN speed issue mentioned in your another thread, do you mean speed is unstable, right?
    ans: Yes, but the connection is not very fluctuating like sometimes 4 or 5 or 7 Mbps it is constant in 7 but it is turning on and off every 15 to 17 seconds. (Very rare on the wireless devices.)

4. did you try different Ethernet cables and also different LAN ports?
    ans:I have tried everything I can imagine. I have tried different cat 6, I have tried on different ports on the router, the result is same.
     I have tried my phone as a Wi-Fi receiver with the USB tethering option. Then it is working just fine. (That means the wireless devices are very undefeated from the bug.)

5. How about running speedtest on Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test site? is the wired connection speedtest results normal?
    ans:No, I have tried a lot of speed test websites including Okokla and the result is same on the LAN devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 484

Replies: 2

Related Articles