Error 4503 when upgrading firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-14 23:47:38
Tags: #Firmware Update #VR1210v
Model: Archer VR1210v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

My tplink VR1210v router have an old firmware and time to time it lose the connection with the Internet antenna, quite often wifi devices lose connectivity to the router.

I tried to upgrade the firmware but after pressing "upgrade" button it load the new file and then it stops showing

Error 4503 "the file cannot be accepted by the device"

What can I do?

To use it as it is, it's really frustrating!

Options
6 Reply
Re:Error 4503 when upgrading firmware
2023-10-15 22:47:27 - last edited 2023-10-15 22:51:52

@Gicla 

This error message appears when the FW file is not suitable for your device. Where did you get the FW file ?

If this modem has been provided to you by your ISP (i.e.with customized FW), try contacting them and describe your issue.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-10-15 23:03:50

@terziyski 

Hello and thanks for your reply.

I downloaded the firmware from the tplink site, it's the latest version available.

The router was bought on Amazon.

Shall I install the firmware in sequence instead?

Regards

Options
2023-10-15 23:26:08 - last edited 2023-10-16 00:04:20

@Gicla 

I presume you're decompressing the archive first and then using the extracted bin file for the upgrade ?

If that's correct then try an earlier FW release to see if any difference or use "check for upgrades" button - what's your current FW release ?

Also check the FW region of your modem (bottom sticker) to be sure that you're using the correct FW file.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-10-16 07:02:20

@terziyski 

Yes, correct. I'm decompressing the downloaded zip file and using bin for firmware update.

My UI is a bit different than the one you shared, maybe due to the oldest firmware?

I don't have the ability to online update, just local update:

On the router label there's no region specified. I downloaded new firmware from the Italian site.
I checked also on the international (US) site but I couldn't fine the same firmware.

Options
2023-10-16 12:10:07 - last edited 2023-10-19 11:12:42

@Gicla 

Yes, the WebGUI is different - I posted a screenshot from Archer VR600.

It appears that the FW in question can only be found on the Italian support portal.

My advise conract your local tech support and ask for assitance.

Don't forget to update the thread for any resolution on your issue to help others.

Options
2023-10-19 17:22:01

@terziyski 

Thanks for your suggestion.

I already opened a support ticket 2 week ago but still no response...

Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 432

Replies: 6

Tags

Related Articles