RE200 WIFI Network Name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE200 WIFI Network Name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
RE200 WIFI Network Name
RE200 WIFI Network Name
2023-10-15 05:55:23 - last edited 2023-10-18 07:38:50
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.12

Hi all, tried to do a search but could not find an answer to my query. I have hooked up the RE200 all OK.

So, when I go to connect my wireless security camera, (reason why I bought the extender) to my WIFI, Do I pick the WIFI Network name that has the "_EXT" extension from the choices I get from my internet provider/modem (DODO). I am assuming the _EXT is the extender.

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:RE200 WIFI Network Name-Solution
2023-10-15 14:38:19 - last edited 2023-10-18 07:38:50

@tdiviak 

Hi,

Yes, the network name with the _EXT is the one that is being broadcasted by the range extender.

By the way, with the security camera being at its designated location, is it still showing reasonably strong signals for the Wi-Fi networks without the _EXT ending?

A direct connection (without going through a wireless extender) would always be preferable as long as the signal quality permits.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:RE200 WIFI Network Name-Solution
2023-10-15 14:38:19 - last edited 2023-10-18 07:38:50

@tdiviak 

Hi,

Yes, the network name with the _EXT is the one that is being broadcasted by the range extender.

By the way, with the security camera being at its designated location, is it still showing reasonably strong signals for the Wi-Fi networks without the _EXT ending?

A direct connection (without going through a wireless extender) would always be preferable as long as the signal quality permits.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:RE200 WIFI Network Name
2023-10-15 23:27:17

woozle wrote

@tdiviak 

Hi,

@woozle 

Thanks for your advice. The reason I bought the extender is because the wifi signal was weak for the security camera, (20% strength). To maximise the signal strength should I assign the "_EXT" wifi network or just use the modem address (without the _EXT). Currently I still have the camera connected directly via the modem address and signal has increased from 20% to 50% with extender hooked up which is acceptable for the camera.

Options
Re:RE200 WIFI Network Name
2023-10-16 20:40:11

@tdiviak 

I am not sure what caused the signal level of the router's Wi-Fi to be shown higher now by the camera, but the wireless signal the router broadcasts is completely separate from the wireless signal the range extender broadcasts.

Anyway, I would try both ways, camera connected to router (the Wi-Fi network without the "_EXT") and camera connected to range extender (the Wi-Fi network with the "_EXT") and check if there are any noticable differences, like for example if the video feed from the camera is more choppy or more fluid one way or the other.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 328

Replies: 3

Related Articles