Flashing blue non stop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Flashing blue non stop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Flashing blue non stop
Flashing blue non stop
2023-10-19 00:05:38 - last edited 2023-10-19 00:19:32
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Unit will not connect to my MESH network by wi-fi or cable. Upon startup, or after a reset, it displays yellow, then blue which immediately starts flashing and continues non stop. MESH network consists of an X20 Ver. 1.20 as router and a secondary X20 Ver. 2.0 backhauled by ethernet. All working fine. What should I do next? Ron

Options
2 Reply
Re:Flashing blue non stop
2023-10-19 06:56:58

@DecoRonn 

Hi, have you tried to manually add this unit on the Deco APP by clicking "+"> Add a Deco unit?

If it fails again, can I have a picture of the error message on the Deco APP?

After that, could you please help me run the following test:

1. switching the Deco X20_V2 as the main Deco.---How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

2. try to add the other satellite Deco X20_V2 again on the Deco APP.

By the way, I noticed the current firmware of your Deco X20_V2 is on 1.0.3. The latest firmware for Deco X20_V2 is 1.2.3 Build 20230906.

It is also suggested to manually update the firmware to the latest version via web UI first:

Deco X20(US)_V2_1.2.3 Build 20230906

How to Update the Firmware of Deco

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Flashing blue non stop
2023-10-19 14:49:24

@David-TP 

Thanks for your assistance. Several months since I have changed anything and so was out of touch with the process.

I have successfully added the Deco X20 Ver. 2, updated all three units to latest available firmware and everything is working well.

I have not yet tried to make the satellite Deco the main Deco as you suggested because it looks a little complicated and I shall postpone that exercise until I can devote the necessary undivided attention to it.

Ron

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 241

Replies: 2

Related Articles