Slow Speed, Even on Main Deco

2023-10-19 08:53:41
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Hi Everyone

Got a bit of a strange problem. I previously had Virgin Broadband with a 250mbps speed. We have an old Victorian house so to help get the signal around the house I invested in a TPlink Deco P9 mesh network.

It all worked fine, the speed around the house was around 100-150mbps which was fine and as expected due to the restraints of the powerline backhaul. The speed next to the main Deco was always the full 250 as this was connected directly into the Virgin router.
I've just moved to a 500mbps Sky fibre connection. Swapping the Deco system to the Sky router hasn't resulted in any increase in speed (if I connect directly to the Sky router I'm getting the full speed).

Using some info from another site, I was able to connect the Deco system directly to openreach box and I saw a dramatic increase in speed but not the full 500mbps, but unfortunately I need the sky router for our landline phone. I have also tried swapping the cable connecting the Sky router to the Deco, but this hasn't helped.

Is there any restriction in the speed of the Deco system, or could something else be causing the slow down, even with a direct connection?

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Marcus

Options
3 Reply
Re:Slow Speed, Even on Main Deco
2023-10-20 08:14:41

@MDA1974 

Hi,

I saw you did not mention the afterward speed you could get from the main Deco P9 when the internet bandwidth has updated to 500m/s. Is it still about 250m/s?

Since there is a landline phone, is the current network layout like ISP service--- Openreach box---Sky router---main Deco P9?

It is suggested to check the bandwidth settings on the Deco APP>More>QoS to make sure it is disabled to set a little higher than 500m/s.

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2023-10-20 09:56:14

@David-TP 

Hi

i think the QoS was the issue

I must have set it for the old Virgin broadband and forgotten about it. 
updated it to the new speeds and things have improved significantly, especially the upload speed which was my main issue. Virgin capped the upload at 20mbps but I should have been getting 70-80 with Sky

thanks for the help

Options
2023-10-31 17:16:00

So I'm still having some issues

The QoS has solved the uplod speed, however i'm still only getting around 250mbps download.

I've plugged a laptop directly into the Sky router and I get the full 500mbps so there must be something throttling the speed through the Deco

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 265

Replies: 3

Related Articles