Intermittent Wifi issues with iPhone after installing Archer AX11000 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-19 11:34:40 - last edited 2023-10-20 03:47:19
Tags: #Network Connectivity #iPhone compatibility
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.4 Build 20230906 rel.74809(4155)

I just upgraded my Fritzbox 4390 router to a TP-Link Archer AX11000 router. Everything is working fine now and all devices connects to the Internet and we are getting good bandwidht and signal. However we have noticed that all iPhones connected has developed intermittent issues in Internet. After some period of time, the Internet connection freezes and we are not able to use Internet from iPhones. All our phones are 13 and above.

I've been reading threads of some issue with iPhone vs TP-Link routers. Not sure if this is fixed yet or a work around in place. Can anyone help?

Earlier we never had any issue with Fristzbox router. And even the Archer, when its working, its works fine and we can access all Apps and sites smoothly. But all of a sudden without notice all internet acess stops and its just wats for connection. All this while the wifi is very strong and connected to it.  I remeber while I was with Telstra , I had the same issue with their routers as well. Not sure if that were also made by TP-Link?

Any help would be appreciated. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Intermittent Wifi issues with iPhone after installing Archer AX11000 router -Solution
2023-10-20 03:18:54 - last edited 2023-10-20 03:47:19

@SimpleMan_Auz 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

1. do you mean the WiFi is still connected but internet access stops on iPhones when the issue happens? and how often does it usually happen?

2. How many client devices are usually connected to the router? and what are they?

3. The issue usually happens on 2.4G WiFi or 5G WiFi? did you try disabling smart connect, change WiFi channel and channel width?

4. Except for the AX11000 router, is there any access point or range extender in the same network? if so, please make sure you are connected to the main router to see if the issue persists.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Intermittent Wifi issues with iPhone after installing Archer AX11000 router -Solution
2023-10-20 03:18:54 - last edited 2023-10-20 03:47:19

@SimpleMan_Auz 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

1. do you mean the WiFi is still connected but internet access stops on iPhones when the issue happens? and how often does it usually happen?

2. How many client devices are usually connected to the router? and what are they?

3. The issue usually happens on 2.4G WiFi or 5G WiFi? did you try disabling smart connect, change WiFi channel and channel width?

4. Except for the AX11000 router, is there any access point or range extender in the same network? if so, please make sure you are connected to the main router to see if the issue persists.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Intermittent Wifi issues with iPhone after installing Archer AX11000 router
2023-10-20 03:46:35

@Sunshine 

- Yes, Wifi is connected with no issue. But all 3 of our iPhone (all Iphone 13), intermittendly stops waiting for internet connection while fully connected on Wifi. We then disable and enable the wifi and the issue disappears, after some time the issue comes back again.  

- TV, and around 4 phones

- Today morning following a different post, I did try disabling the Smart connect and it seems to fix the issue. We haven't seen any issuet till now. Still evaluating.

- No nothing. Only the AX11000 router. 

Options
Re:Intermittent Wifi issues with iPhone after installing Archer AX11000 router
2023-10-20 05:44:30

@SimpleMan_Auz 

Thank you very much for the update, you may monitor for longer time to see if the issue is resolved after disabling smart connect.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 322

Replies: 3

Tags

Network Connectivity
iPhone compatibility
Related Articles