Power line adapter to Extender?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-26 10:29:19 - last edited 2020-06-29 09:52:10
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a new Sky router. Plugged into a mains socket and cabled to the Sky router is the TL-PA9020P kit, which is for extending the wired (only) connections to my loft where the other adaptor is plugged into a mains socket and has a Ethernet connection to my PS4 pro and a sky mini box.  Both work well

In another part of the house, on an outside wall, I wish to place a wireless security camera.  The signal from the Sky router is not good.  However just on the inside from where I'm placing the camera is a mains socket.

Is there tp Link devise which I can plug into the mains socket which will extend the wireless network in that area which is compatible with the TL-PA9020P via the electric circuit they would both be on.  Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Power line adapter to Extender?-Solution
2020-06-29 07:10:48 - last edited 2020-06-29 09:52:10

@nicholasj 

Hello,

All the TP-Link powerline adapters/extenders are compatible with each other.

However, as we can see that the TL-PA9020P KIT are AV2000 devices, it is suggested to buy AV2000 series extender as well in order to get a better speed, such as TL-WPA9610 KIT.

For more details, refer to the below article:
How to choose extra Powerline adapters to add into the existing network?

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Power line adapter to Extender?-Solution
2020-06-29 07:10:48 - last edited 2020-06-29 09:52:10

@nicholasj 

Hello,

All the TP-Link powerline adapters/extenders are compatible with each other.

However, as we can see that the TL-PA9020P KIT are AV2000 devices, it is suggested to buy AV2000 series extender as well in order to get a better speed, such as TL-WPA9610 KIT.

For more details, refer to the below article:
How to choose extra Powerline adapters to add into the existing network?

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Power line adapter to Extender?
2020-06-29 13:02:23

@Solla-topee 

thank you.  But I only need one piece, not a kit!  They all seem to be kits. Cheers.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 725

Replies: 2

Related Articles