Access denied on one website and ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR on another

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-23 20:31:48 - last edited 2023-10-23 20:53:27
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20230601 Rel. 58453

Hello,

I recently bought a Deco XE75 3 pack mesh router and configured it to connect to my ISP's modem and all is working well, but I noticed yesterday that two websites are inaccessible from any device I have tried (laptop, mobile phone, desktop)

When I go to levi . com I get:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access this server.

When I go to hollisterco get ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR  and the website refuses to open.

Both websites work fine when I tested it with the router supplied by my ISP (taking Decos out of the equation) so I can rule out the website or ISP issue.

I have also tried setting custom DNS (using Google's), and it doesn't work. Setting all routers to AP mode didn't work either. I tried MAC Clone using my desktop's MAC address, it doesn't work either. I have exhausted the FAQ sections on TP Link websites on this topic and I cannot find a solution. And no I don't have any of the Parental or Security features enabled either.

What else more can I do?

I tried pinging both websites and I got a response:

levi

Pinging with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from : bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=55
Reply from : bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=55
Reply from : bytes=32 time=11ms TTL=55
Reply from : bytes=32 time=20ms TTL=55

hollisterco

Pinging with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from : bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=55
Reply from : bytes=32 time=12ms TTL=55

The issue now is I am not sure if any other websites are affected. Please advise / help.

EDIT: Just found a bunch of other websites that are affected by the Access Denied error - such as costco, lowes, homedepot (from previous threads)

Options
7 Reply
Re:Access denied on one website and ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR on another
2023-10-24 03:14:27

@atzn 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

May I know who is your internet service provider? And how about the model number of the ISP-supplied router?

Could you please leave me a message about the multiple domains that you are unable to access when connected to the Wi-Fi of Deco?

I think it might be related to the MTU size and the latest firmware of Deco XE75_V2_1.2.1 supports customizing the MTU size under Deco APP>More>Internet Connection type>Click the current internet connection type.

You could try to find out what the MTU Size on the ISP router and change it on the Deco to see whether it helped.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2023-10-24 08:57:21

@David-TP 

Hi, thanks for the response. My ISP is Virgin Media. The router I have is from Virgin Media, Superhub 3.0.

The setup I have is the router is set on "Modem mode" (So it just provides the internet connection, nothing else) and then the Deco handles all the network / routing (all 3 are connected via an Ethernet backhaul) throughout the house. This is the same setup I had before with my previous mesh routers (Google Wi-Fi) I upgraded from.

The MTU value is set at 1500, the default value on both VM and Deco routers so it is set to the same value.

I will send you a message on the domains I cannot access.

Options
2023-10-24 11:13:08

@atzn 

Hi, Thanks for the message.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineer for further assistance. Please check whether you could receive my email.

Best regards.

Options
2023-10-24 12:53:58

@David-TP 

Hello

Yes I have received your email and support have contacted me as well. I will take it up with them. Thanks.

Options
2023-11-03 17:41:51

I am having the EXACT same problem but with my Archer AX50 with all the same sites listed above and in some other posts. (including a few others I noticed qcvuk, jet2, dominos)

I also have a Virgin Media Superhub 3 that is in Modem mode.

I can connect to the sites without issue using the VM Superhub directly, but as soon as I switch to Modem mode and connect the Archer AX50, I get these issues.

Both devices have been factory reset but the issue persists.

I am able to ping these sites, but in any web browser I get either "ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR" or "You don't have permission to access [site] on this server."

MTU on both devices is 1500 as is the recommended value for VM

I also updated the firmware to no effect.

Options
2023-11-03 17:48:46

@Matt_C 

Hello Matt

I managed to fix it by setting the Superhub 3 to Router mode and disabling the WiFi on the Superhub so that the Wireless is provided by the Deco. I have also done a MAC Clone via my laptop connected to the Superhub directly previously but I am not really convinced as the IP cloned seems to be a local IP (192.168....) rather than the ISP's IP. Not the most ideal solution but at least I don't lose the routing functionality within the Deco, else I was running it via AP (Access Point) mode previously which meant that I lose the router capabilities of the Deco. 

Options
2023-11-03 17:59:38
Thanks! I will give that a try now. As you said, It's not an ideal solution, but it should do for now. I would still like to figure out the exact issue and why it suddenly started happening, seemingly out of nowhere.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 543

Replies: 7

Related Articles