control router with SNMP (VR2100v) ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-25 14:03:54
Tags: #SNMP
Model: Archer VR2100v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.16.0_0.9.1_230510

Hello,

i've purchased a VR2100v and figured out that it has SNMP ability. i haven't installed it, this will take place in the next days.

so i found MIB for the TPLink Switches, i guess most of the OID will fit the Router too.

is it possible to control the router with SNMP? ability to reboot the Router would be nice!

at the moment i've running a Raspberry Pi as a watchdog for the internet connection. in case of connection loss it shuts down the NAS and via SNMP it cycles the UPS (APC Smart) which is controlable by SNMP. rebooting the Router only would prevent the NAS and UPS from rebooting ... unfortunately my internet connection is not 100% reliable and it is bewitched. it fails only when i'm far away from home and needs access to my NAS...

regards

Gremnet

Options
2 Reply
Re:control router with SNMP (VR2100v) ?
2023-10-25 20:27:47 - last edited 2023-10-30 11:02:36

@Gremnet 

Check this thread - it hasn't been answered.

I suppose that the OIDs are pretty much similar to these, which are related to the business grade routers (probably fewer).

Available OIDs could be determined by a snmwalk on ".1" with a regular SNMP browser.

I am quite sceptical that you would be able to restart the VR2100v via SNMP.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:control router with SNMP (VR2100v) ?
2023-10-27 15:39:05

@terziyski 

Thank you for the reply.

It's odd, the Post from Rolf in January was not found by the search engine as i looked for snmp.

i tried out today. the Router gives me a couple of the standard OID usable for Monitoring the Connections etc.

I can define a Write-Community, but there is no writable OID and of course no way to control the Router.

so i have to reset it my old way..

thanks for helping!

Regards

Gremnet

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 335

Replies: 2

Tags

SNMP
Related Articles