Intranet problem with Deco x50 mesh configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-26 06:44:07
Model: Deco X50 - PoE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:
I installed a deco x20-4G modem with updated firmware 1.1.4 build 20230714 rel. 2881. This modem is connected to a poe switch where are connected a nas and two deco x50 poe units with firmware 1.2.4 build 20230731 rel. 64427.

At home I have installed, among other things, around 40 Shelly devices that connect via 2.4 GHz wifi to the 3 deco units.

Everything was working fine until two days ago when I noticed that:
-I can connect to the NAS with my mobile phone only if I am connected to the x20 deco, when the mobile phone connects to one of the x50 units (obviously in a completely transparent way given that the wifi network SSID remains the same as it is a mesh network) the nas becomes unreachable from both iphone and ipad.

-In the same way, through the Shelly app I can only control the devices connected to the same deco unit as the mobile phone. In practice, the app shows all the devices as they are in the cloud but the commands cannot be transmitted locally unless under the same deco unit. The devices are connected to the internet because I can remotely control all of them with my cell phone.

-A different problem that has arisen is that by inserting the client IPs in port forwarding and in reserved addresses these are saved with the wrong IP (e.g. 192.168.1.109 is saved as 192.168.0.109), this has always been happening for two days because I have opened ports and reserved addresses previously and they were saved correctly.

So yesterday I did a reset of all three deco units and reset my configuration, however the above problems reoccur immediately and in addition to these the devices that connect via wifi are no longer entered with their name ( shelly1plus-xxxxx etc.) but most are labeled UNKNOWN.

The situation creates particular discomfort for me because I would also like to configure the home assistant system that I have installed in the NAS (Qnap) but only the shells connected via WiFi to the x20-4g unit (the same as the NAS so to speak) are detected.

Even to access the home assistant I can only access it if connected via wifi to the x20 while I have no problems doing it via DDNS by selecting the port I forwarded.

I hope to find a solution or I have to change mesh system.

Thank you!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Intranet problem with Deco x50 mesh configuration
2023-10-27 10:35:40

@DjAlvin 

Hi, welcome to the community.

As for the IP address issue for the port forwarding, you could try to set the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 under Deco APP>More>Advanced>LAN settings.

For the isolation between different Decos, the WiFi From different Decos should be on the same network so I am not sure why mobile devices are unable to reach NAS.

Are you able to stably reproduce the following issues:

• I can connect to the NAS with my mobile phone only if I am connected to the x20 deco, when the mobile phone connects to one of the x50 units, the NAS becomes unreachable from both iPhone and iPad.
  • The app shows all the devices as they are in the cloud but the commands cannot be transmitted locally unless under the same deco unit

By the way, I noticed you mentioned the IP issue did not happen before, is there any network adjustment recently, like the firmware upgrade?

And may I know the model number of the POE switch?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-10-27 12:04:33

@David-TP 

Hi, the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0, the two issues:

• I can connect to the NAS with my mobile phone only if I am connected to the x20 deco, when the mobile phone connects to one of the x50 units, the NAS becomes unreachable from both iPhone and iPad.
  • The app shows all the devices as they are in the cloud but the commands cannot be transmitted locally unless under the same deco unit 

are always present, i try to reboot and also reset all deco units, also x20-4g but I can't correct the problems.

The IP issue begins without reason, the network was configured like now. 

The last thing I did, was installing the NAS, I've configured port forward and Deco save it correctly 192.168.1.5:8080. After a few days the problem began.

Please help me!!

Options
2023-10-31 07:26:18

@DjAlvin 

Thank you very much for the update.

The case has been forwarded to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Please refer to the email for more suggestions.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 489

Replies: 3

Related Articles