Not displaying 5G bands when accessing remotely via app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-27 08:03:27 - last edited 2023-10-27 09:48:09
Model: Deco X50-5G  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1,1,0 build 20230804 rel 3600

Not a major issue but if I check what Bands are available by selecting Internet and looking at Bands, if I am remote the App does not display any 5G bands but just the 4G ones. When I am connected on the same network then it displays the 5G bands.

Not a big issue I know but I do have availability issues with my internet provider and like to check if 5G is available as 4G is too slow to work from this location.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Not displaying 5G bands when accessing remotely via app
2023-10-30 08:26:09 - last edited 2023-10-31 08:36:14

@archercj 

Hi, for the 4G/5G bands, do you mean the settings here:

Can you have some screenshots of the band settings when accessing remotely and locally via the Deco APP?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-10-30 15:17:37

These are examples if local and remote:

Local:

Remote:

Options
2023-10-31 08:51:44

@archercj 

Hi, Thank you very much for the quick reply.
Deco X50-5G supports both NSA and SA. According to the provided pictures, the SIM Carrier adapts to 5G NSA mode. Its 5G NR deployment depends on the existing 4G LTE network infrastructure.

When the Deco is idle or network traffic is low, it will continue to use existing 4G LTE infrastructure for communications. If higher bandwidth is required, like video streaming, or online gaming,  the 5G NR helps maximize the LTE installed base and boost capacity while increasing delivery efficiency.

So I think the Deco APP shows both B3 and N1 are available, and at that time, only B3 is in use.

I see the band is set to "Auto" now, are you able to manually choose "N1" on the Deco APP?

Thank you again and best regards.

Options
2023-10-31 09:36:58

@David-TP Thanks David, that makes perfect sense.

The X50-5G is away (70 miles) from my main residence and the 4G signal deteriorated recently (I was using an Archer MR-600 router for a couple of years). So much so that I couldnt work from this other location. Then I noticed that 5G had appeared in the area so I invested in the X50-5G and, in conjunction with an external 5G compatible antenna) am finding it excellent and stable.

But I like to check the X50-5G to see if the signal is ok before I set off so when it shoed just 4G bands I was concerned as I know the signal, and speed if poor.

I have requested a 'proper' speed test option within the X50-5G firmware similar to the MR-600.

But I think my concerns over it are over now. Overall the X50-5G seems a very good router. Certainly a big improvment for me in an area that used to have good 4G connectivity but has 'average' 5G. I can get 125mbps regular. Not breathtaking for the speed claims of 5G I know but when 4G dropped to 2-4mbps and I am trying to have Teams meetings its a big improvement.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 481

Replies: 4

Related Articles