Unable to connect to my AC after connecting the Ethernet cable
Unable to connect to my AC after connecting the Ethernet cable
2023-10-28 22:06:48
Model: TL-WA801ND  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hey,

so I need my TL-WA801N to run as an AP,

If I power it, I am able to connect with the AP via my router and get thorugh the Quick Setup.

I am able to change passwords/SSID without any problems.

But if I connect the ethernet cable to the AP, the middle green LED turns on, so all 3 LEDs are turned on,

But I don't get any access to the internet.

Also even though I am still connected via WiFi, I can't access the web management page (tplinkap.net) by any means.

The ethernet cable is connected to a ethernet port, as provided by the student home facility.

If I connect with my Laptop, it works, and I can even use my laptop as a Hotspot/AP,

and I was told, that connecting with a Router/Repeater/AP is allowed and should work.

I tried Hard Resetting and other options as suggested by the Quick Installation Guide.

Are they any settings I have to change beforehand or be beware of any tricks, or sth??

If more information is needed to solve the case, I would be happy to provide it.

Sincerely

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to my AC after connecting the Ethernet cable
2023-10-29 19:23:49

@DudenDude

For configuring your WA801N in AP mode you could use this guide.

I would recommend to set WA801N with a static IP address and its DHCP server off to avoid any IP address mismatch.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options