BE/O2 DSL Settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

BE/O2 DSL Settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
BE/O2 DSL Settings
BE/O2 DSL Settings
2013-05-26 21:34:35
Region : United Kingdom

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi
I am new to TP-Link forums as well with a TD-W8970 which I just bought last week.
This may be a BE\O2 Customers question although it opens a general question and whether extended DSL Setting scan be amended with this router.
The reason why I am here is because I am a bit disappointed with the missing DSL Bridge RFC 1483 Connection protocol which most BE/O2 customers are very well aware of and that is the most standard one provided by them.

Although I am still not entirely sure, I think that not having this available is causing the TP-Link in regards and a previous model I have also tested (TD-8901G) to loose 10% of internet speed both in downstream and upstream.

As an example.
Currently with my Belkin F5D7633-4-UK model these are my connection settings and speedtest results:

Speedtest results are always above 10 Mbps Download and above 0.90Mbps in upload.

When connecting with the new TP-Link TD-W8970 and similarly with the older TD-8901G I am getting always Download speeds of no more than 9.0 and 0.80 as you can see here in these results:

I can see that on the TP-Link I always get different values for Noise Margin and Attenuation comparing it to the ones seen on the Belkin
I am unable to see the Output power values on the tp-link web interface and so I have taken these by accessing the router in CLI Terminal

Now, since the Belkin router shows to be more performing in terms of internet speed I was wondering if is the case that it may depends on those setting (Attenuation/Noise Margin/Output Power)

Is the case that I should be able to change any parameters in command line either for the Noise, Attenuation or Power output in order to resolve this and improve connection speed or these are fixed values imposed by your ISP?

To fully describe this issue I should of course also add that actual download and upload speed it definitely shows to have lost that 10% as with the Belking I am measuring up to 1.3Mb/s when downloading a Torrent file or anything where with these TP-Links ones I can get a maximum of 1.0 but mostly 900Kb/s

The question is really whether this is happening due to the missing protocol as requested through BE/O2 (RFC1483 Bridge) or if is just the case that some parameters could be amended to obtain the same performance I get from the Belkin without have changed anything.

I would really appreciate your help with this as I am still evaluating this router and whether I should perhaps by a different one more compatible with O2.
Hope you have any insight.
Thanks
Max
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 421

Replies: 0

Related Articles