downstream packet errors

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

downstream packet errors

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
downstream packet errors
downstream packet errors
2023-11-01 02:40:47
Tags: #downstream packet errors
Model: Archer VR300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: the latest 2023

high pkts error both downstram and upstream and the lowest record for it is 700 most of the time its 2k

it causing ping spikes and packet loss in gaming ping goes to 1600 when no body  is connected

router Vr300 Eu v2

File:
Screenshot_2023-11-01-04-32-55-813_com.miui.gallery.jpgDownload
Options
4 Reply
Re:downstream packet errors
2023-11-01 16:40:06

@hamood91 

Call your ISP and report the number of downstream/upsream errors showed in the VR300 WebGUI.

These errors are most probably caused by the quality of your POTS line, which carries the ADSL2+ service.

Ask them to check your POTS line for noise and to test its quality.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-11-02 02:52:58
i found out that some people are complaining same too and it was there router software issue
Options
2023-11-02 03:03:37
can you explain the process more because our ISP is non helpful they need only money nothing else i can check it by my self if you explained it to me in a clear way please if you can explain it please tell me
Options
2023-11-02 06:56:23 - last edited 2023-11-02 22:10:17

@hamood91 

I would've If I could, but this is done by a technical personnel equipped with specialized measuring devices, usually at disposal in the big telecom companies.

My suggestion is to file a complaint with your ISP for lower downstream/upstream bandwidth - they should take an action and measure your POTS line parameters.

Only after you're sure that your POTS line is in a good condition, it can be assumed that the problem could be with the VR300 firmware.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 241

Replies: 4

Tags

downstream packet errors
Related Articles