Frustrating

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Frustrating

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Frustrating
Frustrating
2023-11-02 01:16:05
Model: Deco X50-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Hi, i have just bought a deco x50 dsl, i am trying to replace my dlink modem/router, I have a 250mbps speed. I cannot get my deco to work, when i plug a ethernet cable from my wall plate to port 1 on my deco i cannot get any internet. Whe i go from the wall plate to my existing dlink modem/router then from thats dlink to port 1 on my deco it works. But that is then sort of pointless having the deco because i now have 2 networks deco and dlink. Any ideas ??

thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Frustrating
2023-11-03 03:11:00

@Scaly 

Hi,  Did you also set up Deco X50-DSL in wireless router mode, instead of the DSL modem router mode?

If yes, please also check the internet connection type. It is very likely you might need the internet configuration credentials, like PPPOE username and password.

You could find a laptop to connect the wall Ethernet port directly. If the PC could get internet automatically, the connection is Dynamic IP and if the PC had no internet, it also approved the connection type might be PPPOE.

By the way, May I know who is your internet service provider?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Frustrating
2023-11-03 03:22:52

@David-TP 

Hi David

Thanks for your reply, i have got it all setup, easy when you know how !! My isp was telling me dymanic when it was ppp0e, once i got the password for ppp0e it setup straight away. 

Thanks to TPlink for the great support.

Phil

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 106

Replies: 2

Related Articles