Yamaha Musiccast issues with X20 Decos

2023-11-02 19:26:59 - last edited 2023-11-09 19:30:33
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

Hello,

I've replaced my E4 Deco devices with X20...assuming they are better, newer, more reliable...Everything else got better but unfortunately my Yamaha WX-10, WX-30, RN-602 devices have issues while using net radio. Sound gets temporary breaks in random  intervals...sometimes it is 20 seconds of listening, 1 sec break...sometimes it is 5 second listening 10 seconds break.
I'm sure that issue is on X20 devices because I've used E4 setup for 2-3 years now and never experienced such issues. To make things even more odd...When I use Spotify...problem doesn't exist.

Only Net radio got f... up.
I'm seriously considering switch to other mesh than TP-Link...It can't be that you buy new devices to fix some issues/improve performance and you're getting new problems

I hope someone here have a solution

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Yamaha Musiccast issues with X20 Decos-Solution
2023-11-09 19:30:26 - last edited 2023-11-09 19:30:33

Solved ! After 2 weeks of trying. Messing around with positioning Deco devices one thing finally worked :) I have disabled high priority for Yamaha Musiccast devices and it works :) So, there is something incompatible between Decos high priority option and Yamaha Wi-Fi. Anyway. I'm happy that it works again as supposed.

Best,

nessip

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Yamaha Musiccast issues with X20 Decos
2023-11-03 11:04:02

@nessip 

Hi, here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Enable 2.4GHz only IOT network and connect all 3 stereo receivers to the IOT network.

2. Set a connection preference for each receiver to connect to the nearest Deco unit.

3. Turn off "Mesh Technology" on the Deco APP for each receiver.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-11-04 19:56:35

@David-TP Thank You for Your suggestion. For sure I'll try this and update with results but that's not real/comfortable solution. Yamaha musiccast devices are managed by Musiccast app on smartphone/tablet that needs to be connected to the same network. That means that I would need to switch phone to another network just to control this devices while others like TV, printer are on Home (main) network :D I can live with that but that's not comfortable at all and still there is a question why on E4 all worked fine and on X20 it fails.

Best,

nessip

Options
2023-11-04 21:22:44

@nessip 

A little for myself and anyone reading this thread, educating myself of the concept of IoT Networks, I found this Tp-Link description of IoT. 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/501928

If I understand the suggested solution correctly, by creating an IoT network for the MusiCast devices it allows them a clear network channel and the ability to stream the music data cleanly without having to share bandwidth with other devices. Furthermore by then removing the Mesh setting for each MusiCast device it forces them to stay connected to a single (pre-selected) wifi point without changing and potential introduction of a data break or pause?

just learning all this stuff as I go.

Options
2023-11-04 21:27:28

@David-TP tested...unforuntately the issue persist...I just realized that I forgot to mention that environment is mixed X20 and M5 devices...but still before replacing E4 with X20 there was no problem. Of course I can see significant performance improvement when testing or using laptop or smartphone using x20 but it still doesn't work with MusicCast devices as older E4 did.

Options
Re:Yamaha Musiccast issues with X20 Decos-Solution
2023-11-09 19:30:26 - last edited 2023-11-09 19:30:33

Solved ! After 2 weeks of trying. Messing around with positioning Deco devices one thing finally worked :) I have disabled high priority for Yamaha Musiccast devices and it works :) So, there is something incompatible between Decos high priority option and Yamaha Wi-Fi. Anyway. I'm happy that it works again as supposed.

Best,

nessip

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 337

Replies: 5

Related Articles