TL-MR6400 disconnects from 4G randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-05 12:25:40
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 181022

Hi everyone,

If I generate a lot of internet traffic then I need to reboot my router daily because it disconnects from 4G. If I don't use the internet much, then I need to reboot it once in two weeks. I use the default profile given by my ISP. My SIM card is in place and the 4G signal strength is 75%. With my previous ISP this error didn't appeared, it worked fine.

Here is a picture when it is disconnected:

What could be the problem?

Best regards,

Máté

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-MR6400 disconnects from 4G randomly
2023-11-08 03:43:54

@mmate 

Hi, do you mean the same MR6400 was working fine and stable with a different SIM card from another ISP?

If so, the current issue might be caused by the current ISP network or base station, please try to insert the current SIM card into other 4G device to see if internet works stable.

If the issue only happens on the MR6400, please check if the APN profile settings are the same on this MR6400 and your other 4G device such as smart phones.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:TL-MR6400 disconnects from 4G randomly
2023-11-08 06:30:02

@Sunshine 

Hi!

Yes, the same MR6400 worked fine with the previous ISP.

I tried putting the SIM card into my phone for 3 days and there wasn't any issue. However, I travelled with the phone, connected to many cell towers.

I'll check the APN profile, however I use the default one.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 445

Replies: 2

Related Articles