Connection drops when connected via docking station - fine when ethernet straight into laptop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connection drops when connected via docking station - fine when ethernet straight into laptop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-06 09:28:58
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi,

For weeks I have been having issues with my connection. Once it is connected, it's absolutely fine - but, getting it to connect takes lots of resetting and hoping for the best. I couldn't work out each time what made the difference. Some days I just couldn't get it to work at all.

Today, I have discovered by absolute fluke, that if I plug my ethernet cable straight into my laptop - it instantly works. No restarting or resetting - it just works.

As soon as I put my laptop into my docking station and plug the ethernet cable into there, it loses connection instantly. Plug it back into the laptop, it works again.

I have the plug with AV600 on it, and it's the second light that drops out.

I need to use my docking station to use my additional screens - but I can't use it without putting the ethernet cable into the docking station itself.

Help please :)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connection drops when connected via docking station - fine when ethernet straight into laptop
2023-11-09 08:34:39

@abbolaur 

Hi, if you connect the same computer to your router via the docking station, is there the same issue?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Connection drops when connected via docking station - fine when ethernet straight into laptop
2023-11-09 08:37:23

@Sunshine 

hi - no it doesnt, It actually doesn't seem to be the docking station now: when the adapter is switched on, the whole internet in my house grinds to a halt. Turn it off again and speed returns to normal. 

I thought I'd isolated the issue but it seems to be the adapter.

Options