Reduction in speed

Reduction in speed
Reduction in speed
2023-11-06 11:50:13
Model: TL-WPA8631P KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V2 I think

Hi, 

I have been using TP Link powerline adaptors for sometime, various version. Recently mine started playing up. The speed slowed down and WIFI stopped working. After some consultation with online assistance I tried to upgrade the firmware and belive i was successful. But is was a tortuous process. Now I get about 10 Meg if i plug in via an Ethernet cable, but even slower speeds via Wifi, if it works at all. Oddly some of the older bits of kit, WPA4220 appear to provide greater speed than the newer kit. Is anyone else suffering similar problems?

Options
8 Reply
Re:Reduction in speed
2023-11-09 08:48:27 - last edited 2023-11-09 08:49:21

@SJGW 

Hi, may I have a detailed topology of your network? are you using WPA4220 and TL-WPA8631KIT in the same network?

Please also check the powerline rate among different powerline units via tpPLC utility and share with us the screenshots.

In addition, please try to move the TL-WPA8631 to the same room as the main adapter and check if the speed is normal.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-12 11:32:03

@Sunshine, thanks fro responding. 

yes, I am using different bits of kit in the network. It is only the older 4220 from which I can get any WiFi at all, it gives me 8 Meg, which I think is labelled 294D on this diagram. So I know the 8010 unit connected to the router is sending out some connectivity. 

I reset the unit labelled C3B5 here, as previously I had connected it using WPS, so it was harder to distinguish what the problem was. 

I now can get connectivity using Eternet, between 75 and 15 Mg depending on what room I am in. But I can't connect via Wifi at all, it is not throwing out a signal.

It feels like part of the problem is the 8010 unit. the middle light flikers between green / orange / red, but sometimes there is no light at all. 

Options
2023-11-13 03:06:09

@SJGW 

Hi, may I know which unit is connected to your router via Ethernet cable?

Based on the screenshot, the unit labeled C5C2 has no WiFi function and supports AV1300, it should be the TL-PA8010 unit, It is recommended to use it as the main unit, the other 4 units with WiFi feature can be used in other rooms, if you don't see WiFi signal from either WiFi unit, please check if the WiFi LED is light up.

If necessary, you could also set different WiFi names for those WiFi units so that you could tell which is which easily.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-13 10:04:55 - last edited 2023-11-13 10:06:20

Hi  @Sunshine, the 8010 unit is connected to the router, it is the C5C2 unit in this diagram. The topology on the screenshot doesn't look right to me, but that is what it shows.  

The point I was making on my last post, is that i reset C3B5 so it is distinguishable, and whilst it works if i connect with an Ethernet cable, the WiFi doesn't' work wven though the WiFi lights are green. The only light that is not on is the middle one, but this lights up green when I connect via a cable. 

Options
2023-11-21 11:45:36

@SJGW Hi, any further thoughts on this?

Options
2023-11-21 21:00:10

Hi sunshine, unfortunately the whole system no longer appears to be working. 

the middle light on the 8010 unit is totally dark, it never had any colour. 

How can I sort this?

Options
2023-11-23 08:52:32

@SJGW 

Hi, did you try moving it next to another powerline unit? then try to pair them again via pair button

Options
2023-11-23 09:00:06

@SJGW According to the lights on the extenders, they are paired. 

but no internet is being transmitted from the 8010 unit.

Options