Slow speeds with ethernet connection over Deco X50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-08 09:23:11
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230522 Rel. 68968

I have a gigabit internet plan and usually achieve full speeds when I connect my computer directly to the modem via an ethernet cable. However, when I link my Deco X50 mesh router to the modem using the same cable and then connect my computer to the Deco X50 with another Cat6 cable, my speeds don't exceed 100 Mbps.

Furthermore, when I switch to a WiFi connection, even with the main mesh unit close to my computer which is WiFi 6 compatible, I'm only reaching up to 250 Mbps.

It's puzzling that my wired speeds are lower. Also I've already turned off both QoS and UPnP features through the router's app, but it hasn't improved my wireless speeds.

I'm looking for insights on two issues:

1. What could be causing the significant slowdown in wired speeds through the Deco X50?
  2. Why am I not able to get more than 250 Mbps over a WiFi connection?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow speeds with ethernet connection over Deco X50
2023-11-09 07:47:00

@gobit 

Hi, welcome to the community.

If the Wi-Fi speed is about 250m/s, the internet link speed between the first main Deco and ISP modem would be over 100m/s.

Have you checked the Ethernet link speed on the computer when it is wired to Deco X50? It is also suggested to connect the computer to another Ethernet port on the Deco X50.

How to check the associated/link speed on a wired client

By the way, could you please also help me check the wireless link speed on the computer when it is connected via Wi-Fi?

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

It would be great if you could test on one more mobile devices as well.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options