TL-WA850RE Range Expander confuses LAN and WLAN

2023-11-09 17:33:06
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.0.12 Build 221109 Rel.31477n (6985)

On the first look the Range expander works fine. I easily configured it with a new WLAN with a different SSID. My wohle Network worked fine. But after 1-2 day my 2 Windows 10 PCs had no internet connection. Both get the error duplicated IP.

The Microsoft event manager tells me for both PCs:

Das System hat einen Adressenkonflikt der IP-Adresse 0.0.0.0 mit dem Computer mit der Netzwerkhardwareadresse 3E-52-A1-03-AA-E6 ermittelt. Netzwerkvorgänge könnten daher auf diesem System unterbrochen werden.

I can’t fin the MAC 3E-52-A1-03-AA-E6 on my network. Maybe same Microsoft restriction identifying the Network? Maybe a confused DHCP Server on the main router to the WAN. I replaced it to a new TP-Link Deco (X50-POE). It didn't change the problem.

Most time a reboot of the P-Link Deco (X50-POE) helps. Ever times it helps just to remove the TL-WA850RE Range Expander.

Furter problem is that my old WLAN loos the connection to the Internet suddenly. But the new WLAN from the Range Expander works in those cases fine. I would be able to life with this inconvenience. But the I need a solution for the problem with the LAN.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WA850RE Range Expander confuses LAN and WLAN
2023-11-14 02:01:38

@Boucek 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I think you could try to install the beta firmware here to see whether it helped with the current issue:

Wi-Fi Range Extender Causing Host Router No Internet

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:TL-WA850RE Range Expander confuses LAN and WLAN
2023-11-15 08:55:44

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I tried it and it seems to work for serveral hours. The mention fix in the Beta version of the FW let me think it will not recoure in the next  2 days.  Thanke you a lot and 

regards

Alfred Boucek

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 190

Replies: 2

Related Articles