Archer C6 Internet Drop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6 Internet Drop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C6 Internet Drop
Archer C6 Internet Drop
2023-11-09 22:48:53
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.75032n(5553)

I recently updated to the latest firmware via OTA update, since then I've been noticing Archer C6 dropping connection at irregular intervals, sometimes for 5 seconds, sometimes for 5 minutes and sometimes I have to reboot the router,i have 2 Archer C6 setup with easymesh ethernet backhaul, anyone else having this issue?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer C6 Internet Drop
2023-11-10 07:10:14

@MysticMac 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

There are a few different cases related with unstable connection, including WAN connection unstable and only wireless client devices unstable.

For WAN connection unstable (Router Internet LED turns red/orange occasionally):

1) When the router stops working, please connect a PC directly into your modem to verify if your ISP Internet is stable.

2) Make sure the Ethernet cable between your modem and the Router is connected properly, replaced old cables with new ones.

3) Change the DNS Server of the Router, login the web management interface of the Router, go to Advanced > Network > Internet > Advanced Settings, change the two DNS Servers into 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8.

For wireless client devices unstable:

1) Make sure the Router is properly placed, it should be put in open area instead of inside a cabinet or shelf.

2) Login the web management interface of the Router, go to Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Settings, change the wireless channel into another one.

3) For 2.4GHz wireless client devices, adjust 2.4GHz channel width into 20MHz, for 5G wireless client devices, adjust 5GHz channel width into 80MHz or 40MHz to avoid interference.

By the way, the issue happens for all the client devices at the same time no matter they are connected to main C6 or satellite C6, right? and how often does it happen? like once a day or more frequently?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-10 07:24:22

@Sunshine hi thank you for replying,my routers are connected via Ethernet back haul and i have checked if the cable are properly connected and also the placement of the router,everything is fine no issues there,I am actually using 1.1.1.1 dns with doh enabled and the cloud flare status seems to be fine in my area,this internet drop happens with any of the connected devices it drops randomly like 1 or 2 times a day,sometimes even more than that,weirdly internet goes off for seconds or minutes and then automatically comes back,this i notice started happening only since the last firmware update,also my ISP doesn't have any connection issues as my neighbors are using internet from same ISP and they don't seem to have any problem

Options
2023-11-10 07:35:23

@MysticMac 

Hi, I mean the Ethernet connection between your ISP modem and the main C6 router.

Besides, do you notice the Internet LED on the main C6 router goes red when the issue happens? especially when the internet doesn't recover automatically and you have to rebootg the router to get it working again. Under such cases, you'd better connect a computer to your ISP modem directly to test it as well.

By the way, who is your ISP please?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-10 08:50:46 - last edited 2023-11-10 08:51:54

@Sunshine hi thanks for reverting, the connection between isp modem and main router seems to be fine,no issues with the cables, regarding the led when i check the led its still green no changes in the colour, only once it turned orange/ red but most of the time when connection drops it stays green, and yes i tried connecting directly to the isp modem everything seems to be ok,do you need any log files? How do i take the log files and post here ? My ISP is MBNL(Mangalore Broadband Network Limited)

Options
2023-11-10 20:28:59 - last edited 2023-11-10 20:44:43

@Sunshine update,i reset my both routers and setup the whole thing again,both the routers connected with each other via easymesh and i set both 2.4 and 5ghz channel and width to auto, for now seems to be fine, I'll update if any issues occur, also just wanted to ask you in the main router i have reserved the ip address of the satellite router,is it good choice or should i just keep it as it is instead of reserving the ip?i connected the satellite router to main router via wireless easy mesh and then connected the ethernet cable for backhaul (satellite router directly connected via main router management page after resetting without touching anything in the satellite router) let me know if you need me to change any settings like channel or width 

Options
2023-11-13 01:29:15

@MysticMac 

Since they are working fine now after resetting and reconfiguring, you could leave the current settings first for monitoring. Address Reservation for satellite router is okay. 

In addition, usually if the main router and satellite router are connected via Ethernet cable as well, it will use Ethernet Backhaul instead of Wireless Backhaul, you could also check the real connection on the main router EasyMesh page.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 781

Replies: 6

Related Articles