Missing DHCP Option 67

Missing DHCP Option 67

Missing DHCP Option 67
Missing DHCP Option 67
2023-11-12 09:10:35 - last edited 2023-11-17 03:25:08
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

I´ve upgraded all devices to the latest version. But still miss the option 67 in the wired lan settings.

try to use netbootxyz but for this i need to set option 67.

I know that they advertise the V2 version with the new option 67 feature, but in the official firmware for V1 it´s told that:

ER605 V1_1.3.0 Official Firmware (Released on May 17th, 2023)

2023-05-17 04:34:20 - last edited 2023-05-18 06:10:54

Tags: #Firmware Update #Official

Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  

Hardware Version: V1

Firmware Version: 1.3.0_Build 20230511(Official)

16. Add support for DHCP Option field.

•  Option 2: Time Offset

•  Option 42: NTP Server Network Boot,
  •  Option 67: TFTP Server
  •  Option 252: WPAD URL DHCP
  •  Options Customization

my options are only:

Is there something I´m missing?

Please help.

KR,

Chris

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Missing DHCP Option 67-Solution
2023-11-13 07:23:45 - last edited 2023-11-17 03:26:54

Hi @ChrisL2 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

ChrisL2 wrote

@Clive_A 

Dear Clive, thanks for your reply.

Please find the version below.

So, I just confirmed with the senior engineer. This is a known bug with the Controller and the ER605 V1.

Gotta wait for the future firmware update for both. Please pay attention to the pinned thread and the controller update.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this bug.

Update:

To anyone interested in the firmware of ER605 V1, in a recent email conversation, it was said by the dev and test team there will be new firmware to fix security issues and known bugs. ETA is unknown, I recommend you pay attention to the pinned thread or the official website.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Missing DHCP Option 67
2023-11-13 01:48:53 - last edited 2023-11-13 01:57:28

Hi @ChrisL2 

What kind of controller do you use? Download for Omada Software Controller V5

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-11-13 07:09:04

@Clive_A 

Options
Re:Missing DHCP Option 67-Solution
2023-11-13 07:23:45 - last edited 2023-11-17 03:26:54

Hi @ChrisL2 

ChrisL2 wrote

@Clive_A 

So, I just confirmed with the senior engineer. This is a known bug with the Controller and the ER605 V1.

Gotta wait for the future firmware update for both. Please pay attention to the pinned thread and the controller update.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this bug.

Update:

To anyone interested in the firmware of ER605 V1, in a recent email conversation, it was said by the dev and test team there will be new firmware to fix security issues and known bugs. ETA is unknown, I recommend you pay attention to the pinned thread or the official website.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-11-13 07:25:56
Thank you very much. No issue - just want to be sure that I don´t miss anything. Will wait for the update. KR, Chris
Options
2023-12-13 02:25:42

@Clive_A 

Any movement on this? I'd really like to use option 67 on our ER605 v1.

Thanks

Options
2023-12-13 05:41:12

Hi @Slycar03 

Buy other models or new hardware version. ER605 V1 is EOL.

Options
2024-01-16 18:38:25

@Clive_A 

Replaced our ER605 v1 with a ER707-M2 as per your recommendation.

Still no Option 67.

Options
2024-01-22 01:28:25

Hi @Slycar03 

Slycar03 wrote

@Clive_A 

Replaced our ER605 v1 with a ER707-M2 as per your recommendation.

Still no Option 67.

In controller mode, you have this feature marked as DHCP Option 67 while in standalone, you have the TFTP server. I am seeing this on both ER707-M2 and ER8411. I think you might take a second to Google it and find out what other names Option 67 might have.

Also, make sure your firmware is up to date. I am using 1.2.0 and 1.1.0 on both models. They have this 67.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 504

Replies: 8

Related Articles