TP-Link UH700 micro usb b cable

2023-11-12 18:52:43
Model: UH700  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I would like to ask for help on which micro usb b cable to buy for the TP-Link UH700 hub? The factory 1-meter cable is short, so I bought a 2-meter cable. Unfortunately, the connector of the 2-meter cable is shorter than the factory cable, so the connection breaks. Which cable manufacturer can you recommend?

I am attaching a picture.

Thank you very much!

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-Link UH700 micro usb b cable
2023-11-17 09:26:02

@jozsi252 

Hi, The attached cable is a USB 3.0 Micro B. Have you tested with other available USB Micro cables to test whether their connectors fit UH700?

I think it is a common standard cable so there hasn't been a recommended manufacturer.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-01-04 16:09:37
Options
2024-01-04 22:48:42 - last edited 2024-01-04 23:39:20

I have the same problem of the cable.

I have somes HUBs of that, but with no original usb cable anymore. I bought many differents brands USB cable, but the Micro-B connector of the original TP-link HUB is longer, and fit completely, and all the others cables bought is short, iqual the picture you sent, and do not fit completely, so it becomes little loose/loose, and with little moviment of the cable or the hub, the hub disconnect (millimiters)

I have others hardwares that use this type of connection too, and all others have a short Micro-B connector. All of them, the connector pin is near the wall or the equipment, but if you see the TP-link hub, the connector pin is little inner the hub wall and that is the reason for the Micro-B connector of this equipment cable is little longer, and non-standard.

I tried to find many times to find this cable, but with no success. Bought many differents brands cables and all have same Micro-B standard connector size, and all cables i bought works with success in all equipments i have with this type of connection. Only this TP-link HUB is different

Temporarily you have a few choices:

1- cut the rear housing of the equipment (it will damage it) by removing the piece, so that the standard Micro-B connector cable fits completely

2- Use a standard Micro-B cable, but it will keep disconnecting if you bump or move the hub a little, as the Micro-B standard cable is shorter, so only the tip of the connector is connected.

3- Cut a piece of the plastic/rubber end of the cable, to expose more of the Micro-B connector. But it's not very good, because as the cable wasn't designed to have this area exposed, it becomes softer and the connector becomes fragile.

But of the options I went through, this would be the safest and best option for me.

What I really wanted was to find the original replacement cable so I could buy it, but I've been trying for a long time without success.

Micro-B connector of equipment is very inner the border of equipment:

Bellow you can see the Micro-B connector standard size (left), and in right one cable that i cut the plastic/rubber to expose more the connector of the cable

Photo of the cable with the connector cut, managing to completely enter the equipment and there was still a piece left. Could have cut a little less.
But as I no longer have the original cable, this one remained as a model/parameter, so I can measure how much rubber/plastic I need to cut from the other cables, so that the connector can completely fit into the equipment:

Some of hubs that i have here with this problem:

Options
2024-01-30 16:38:34
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 257

Replies: 4

Related Articles