TP-Link Powerline Adapter and TP-Link Wifi extender incompatibility

2023-11-13 14:53:59
Model: TL-PA4010 KIT   TL-WA860RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello! First time publishing here.

I need some help because I am loosing my mind. I moved a new apartment and I have my router on my living room, but my computer is on the other side of the flat, so WiFi cober is very poor on that room. Anyway, I wanted an Ethenet connection for my computer, so I bought a TP-Link Powerline Adapter Set TL-PA4010P KIT so I basically plugged one near my router and another near my computer, and it worked very fine.

Next week I decided that I needed more WiFi cober on that side of the house, so I ALSO installed a WiFi repeater TP-Link TL-WA860RE and I created a new wireless network with a different name, so I had my router WiFi network (2.4 and 5) and this one (which I called _EXT and it was 2.4).

The problem is that after a few hours plugged in, the router's WiFi networks and Ethernet connection stop working. It just says it has No Internet and it doesn't work or work a few minutes and just stop.

I have tested it unplugging and resetting the Ethenet and the WiFi repeater, I have rested my router and nothing work. Can you help me?

Thank you!

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link Powerline Adapter and TP-Link Wifi extender incompatibility
2023-11-13 19:34:25 - last edited 2023-11-13 19:36:50

@dannnyql 

Hi,

Is your TL-WA860RE a hardware version 6 model? (TL-WA860RE V6)

If yes, then do you think your problem is similar to what is reported here? https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/628396

However, there doesn't appear to be a beta firmware for the TL-WA860RE yet, only for its sister models TL-WA850RE and TL-WA855RE.

Options
2023-11-14 07:59:32

@woozle I have checked it and it is the same problem. As you say, my model doesn't have a beta firmware, and in the download center, I see a previous version of the firmware. 

My extender have the next version installed: 1.0.12 Build 221109 Rel.31477n (6985), but the last availabale to be downloaded is TL-WA860RE(EU)_V6_211208.

Can you help me?

Options
2023-11-15 18:04:14

@dannnyql 

Since there is no beta firmware for the TP-WA860RE V6 available you might have to wait for the next official firmware update (the next version after 1.0.12).

By the way, links to beta versions of firmwares can usually only be found in this forum, and very rarely in the download center.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 307

Replies: 3

Related Articles