Problems connecting my wifi extender (RE220) to my MAC filtered router (TD-W8961N)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problems connecting my wifi extender (RE220) to my MAC filtered router (TD-W8961N)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-13 15:43:10
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone.

I bought a RE220 wifi extender last week and I must say that I am very pleased with the equipment. 

The only complaint is that I have not been able to connect it to the modem router when MAC filtering is active. I am using the 2.4 MHz band. If I remove the filtering on the router, everything works fine.

Thanks in advance

Options
3 Reply
Re:Problems connecting my wifi extender (RE220) to my MAC filtered router (TD-W8961N)
2023-11-16 01:54:19

@JAP01 

Hi, welcome to the community.

RE220 adopts Proxy mode and it has both a virtual MAC address and an actual MAC address. 

Have you tried to add both MAC addresses to the Allow list?

Since there are several hardware versions of TD-W8961N, the web management pages look different.

May I know the hardware version of your TD-W8961N?(you could find it on the bottom product label, like V1.0/2.0)

Can I have some screenshots of your MAC filtering configurations?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Problems connecting my wifi extender (RE220) to my MAC filtered router (TD-W8961N)
2023-11-16 19:20:36 - last edited 2023-11-16 19:23:07

@David-TP 

Hi David-TP, thanks for your response.

I figured it was something like randomly generated MAC addresses. The point is that I don't know how to get the virtual address. The one I used is that which comes on the device label which I assume is the actual MAC address.

Is it possible to do without the virtual MAC?

The TD-W8961N modem/router is v. 3. I send a screenshot. Actually the MAC filtering configuration is simple. I just add the addresses in this list and mark where it says "Allow Association" Is there any other way?

Another related question, is there a way to add more than eight MAC addresses?

Thanks in advance.

Options
2023-11-17 12:03:05

@JAP01 

Hi,  I think you can find the virtual MAC address on the DHCP table under Interface setup>LAN>DHCP table.

As for the 8 MAC address limitation, I don't think it could be improved later since TD-W8961N is end-of-life. Considering TD-W8961N is 2.4GHz only, 8 is quite a few.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 361

Replies: 3

Related Articles