AX72 Mistakes some wifi clients as wired

2023-11-14 00:03:38
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230927 rel.58345

So randomly I noticed on the tether app, some wireless clients would be shown mistakenly as wired/ethernet in the client list

Options
13 Reply
Re:AX72 Mistakes some wifi clients as wired
2023-11-14 03:38:44

@JZX1673 

Hi, except for the Archer AX72 router, do you have any other access point or range extender? please share with us a network topology and let us know which wireless devices are usually shown as wired device, they are connected directly to the main router or to other access point/extender.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-14 10:22:13

@Sunshine hello how's it going? 

No, actually it's only the router without a range extender (actually I even turned off the one mesh functionality) 

As for the wired/wireless issue it's hard to catch as it's sometimes a random occurrence but I'll take screenshots in tether once I do catch it, usually it's one of the wifi connected phones that sometimes get labeled as if connected through Lan though 

Options
2023-11-15 11:44:22

@JZX1673 

Thanks, let us know if there is any update.

By the way, it just happens randomly on a specific phone, right? please check if it uses random MAC address, if so, try disabing random MAC address on the phone to see if it helps.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-15 13:11:48 - last edited 2023-11-15 13:14:09

@Sunshine 

Hi sunshine 

I also second this I currently have 11 devices online showing they are connected by ethernet when they are actually connected by wireless, 

6 of the devices are tp link cameras 4x tc70 and 2 c310 cameras. 

My ring door bell camera also says it's hard wired. 🤷🏼‍♂️ a Nintendo switch lite and a few tablets wifi plugs and wifi lightbulbs. 

As much as id like to hard wire all my devices for all round stability ect i cant. 

Another thing I have noticed if I refresh my client list sometimes the clients that are showing on the 5ghz wifi will dissappear even the bar thats says 5ghz. I then have to close the tether app then reopen it for the 5ghz client list to reapear. 

Not a big deal breaker for me just a annoying bug in the system for me. Its been like this since I first got my tp link routers 1x ax72 and 2x c6 routers then upgraded to 3x ax72's. 

Not sure if it's any help or relevance  but I'm currently running

3x ax72

1x main 

2x satellite in AP mode. 

Previous set up was

1x ax72 Main

2x archer c6

And I'm using the android tether app 4.2.32

Options
2024-02-22 01:44:53

@Sunshine 

This also happens with me as well.

One specific device (smartphone), without random MAC address or extenders, on my wired network (but it is really on my guest network)

This device, for security reasons, couldn't be on my main/wired network.

Options
2024-02-22 08:00:25

@DenisBR 

1. What is the model no., hardware and firmware version of your TP-Link Router? 

2. What is the model no. of the phone that is detected as wired device?

3. Please check the client list on both web interface and also Tether App to see if both of them show the phone as wired device, share with us sreenshots please.

Options
2024-02-22 18:42:13

@Sunshine , hello!!

1. What is the model no., hardware and firmware version of your TP-Link Router? 

It's an Archer AX72 v1.0, 1.2.2 Build 20230927 rel.58345(5553)

2. What is the model no. of the phone that is detected as wired device?

It`s a Samsung Galaxy A51, latest firmware installed (two weeks ago I had reset it's networking configurations, but the problem persists)

3. Screenshots on Web Interface and Tether

This is the correct situation, the device is on the Guest Network:

But after some time, it`s start showing as if it was on the "Main Network", with the icon for wired devices.

This is the Web Interface:

Obs.

- The device isn't turned off, but a little bit far from the router.

- After some seconds i've entered web interface, the device "comes back" online on correct 2.5g wifi network (on Web Interface and after on App), but after some time the problem happens again on Tether.

Thanks!

Options
2024-02-23 03:23:47

@DenisBR 

Hi, the screenshot of Tether App shows the phone was connected to cisco by wire, may I know if you have any Cisco product in the same network? or any other access point or range extenders?

If possible, please draw a topology of your network.

Options
2024-02-23 13:12:23

@Sunshine , hello!

Cisco is the name of my Archer AX72 router (and my pet name, lol).

Actually my topology is pretty simple, I have a cable modem connected to my AX72 WAN Port, some devices on my main wireless network (my notebook, cellphones, ipad, chromecast, Alexa), some on my IOT wireless network (smart infra-red control, smart power plugs) and some on my Guest Network (mostly friends cellphones when they visit me). Nothing wired connected to the router.

Everything works fine, excepts that Samsung cellphone that insists to shows up in the wired network (instead of in the Guest Network)

Thanks!

Options
2024-02-26 11:56:28

@DenisBR 

Hi, so you mean only Tether App display the phone incorrectly as wired device while web interface always shows it is connected to guest network wirelessly, right?

If so, it seems to be the Tether App issue, please confirm which App version you are using, make sure it the App is up to date, if it is still the same, we will escalate your case to senior engineer for debugging the App.

Options