Slow Internet Speed with TP-Link AC7200: Seeking Solutions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-17 10:11:00
Model: AD7200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5

Hey everyone,

I'm encountering a frustrating issue with my TP-Link AD7200 router that's causing slow internet speeds both when connected via Ethernet cable and through WiFi on my i7 processor laptop. It's been a headache trying to troubleshoot this, so I'm turning to the forum for some assistance and advice.

Here's a bit more detail about my setup:

I have a TP-Link AD7200 router.

My laptop runs on an i7 processor.

Whether I'm connected via Ethernet or WiFi, the internet speed seems sluggish.

I've attempted a few troubleshooting steps already:

Restarted the Router: I've done the classic power cycle multiple times, hoping for a quick fix, but no luck.

Checked Cables and Connections: Ensured that all Ethernet cables are securely plugged in and in good condition.

Updated Firmware: Made sure the router's firmware is up to date, thinking it might solve any compatibility issues.

Checked for Interference: Assessed for any possible interferences that might be affecting the WiFi signal, but didn't find any major sources.

Despite these efforts, I'm still facing slow internet speeds. I've run speed tests, and the results are far below what I'm paying for from my ISP. It's particularly frustrating because I know my i7 laptop should handle internet speeds pretty well.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with the TP-Link AD7200 router or faced slow speeds specifically with an i7 processor laptop? Any specific settings or configurations I might be missing out on? I'm open to any suggestions or troubleshooting tips you might have!

Looking forward to your insights and solutions. Thanks in advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow Internet Speed with TP-Link AC7200: Seeking Solutions
2023-11-20 08:04:51

@Nikitasingh 

Hi, may I know if the issue only happens with the specific laptop? how about the wired and wireless speed on other client devices?

Please connect the same laptop to your ISP modem directly and test the speed for comparison, if the issue still exists, please let us know the specific speeds of each testing 

scenarios.

By the way, who is your ISP please? and what is the current firmware version of your AD7200 Router?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options