MR6400 Router not connecting to internet

2023-11-21 10:51:11
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

The router starts up and has connection to the internet, after around 5 minutes, the internet is lost, although the signal strength is 100% and the internet (Globe) light is ON. I have changed the SIM card but still the same. The SIM card works fine in a mobile phone, I am Hotspot to it to send this. Can anyone help?

Options
8 Reply
Re:MR6400 Router not connecting to internet
2023-11-22 11:29:07

@Jon-McLaughlan 

Hi, who is your ISP please? please share with us screenshots of Advanced->Status page and Advanced->Network->Internet page along with system log file.

You could also check the curent APN profile on Advanced->Network->Internet page to see if the APN etc. are correct, if not, try creating a new profile manually to see if it solves the problem.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-22 19:45:37

@Sunshine 

Hi

My ISP is giffgaff, who use the O2 network.

Find attached the screenshots you requested, these are when the router is working.

Giffgaff were my first port of call, who advised me to add a profile with the settings I have, this worked for a small time.

File:
Screenshot 2023-11-22 Status-Working.pdfDownload
Options
2023-11-22 19:46:12

@Sunshine 

Hi here is the second file

File:
Screenshot 2023-11-22 Internet-Working.pdfDownload
Options
2023-11-23 08:45:02

@Jon-McLaughlan 

Hi, when the internet stops working after 5 minutes, will the Internet Status still show connected? 

Please share with us a system log file after the issue happens, and share with us the screenshots of status page and internet settings page when internet stops.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-23 16:40:10

@Sunshine 

Hi

Yes tthe Internet light stays on.

See attached screenshots when it has failed.

File:
Screenshot 2023-11-22 Status-Not Working.pdfDownload
Options
2023-11-23 16:40:42

@Sunshine 

Second file

File:
Screenshot 2023-11-22 Internet-Not Working.pdfDownload
Options
2023-11-24 03:05:28

@Jon-McLaughlan 

Hi, 
1.Please go to Advanced->Network->LAN Settings, configure Primary DNS as 8.8.8.8, Secondary DNS as 8.8.4.4, then save it
2.Please try changing Network Mode from 4G Preferred to 4G Only
3.Please change Network Search from Auto to Manual, then search and select your ISP network manually.

If previous steps cannot solve the problem, after it stops working, please save a system log file on Advanced->System Tools->System Log page and send it to us.
We will forward your case to our support engineer via email for further analysis and debugging.

By the way, after it stops working in 5 minutes, if you restart the router, it will work for another 5 minutes, right?

Options
2024-01-01 04:14:42

Jon-McLaughlan wrote

The router starts up and has connection to the internet, after around 5 minutes, the internet is lost, although the signal strength is 100% and the internet (Globe) light is ON. I have changed the SIM card but still the same. The SIM card works fine in a mobile phone, I am Hotspot to it to send this. Can anyone help?

Jon-McLaughlan wrote

Jon-McLaughlan wrote

@Jon-McLaughlan 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 516

Replies: 8

Related Articles