Issues setting up with broadband provider "EE"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-26 17:51:05 - last edited 2023-11-26 18:12:21
Model: Deco X73-DSL  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

Today I received a DECO X73-DSL which I thought would be a breeze to set up. Unfortunately not. I  currently have a G-fast connection in my house FTTC to the cabinet. When setting up my broadband (I moved from SKY) the very helpful EE rep gave me details I would need for setting up a different router "PRODUCTIONHQNUN*********@fs" as user name and a password.

Unfortunately this hasn't worked. I'm left wondering if I have got something wrong. I have checked the "Technical log" of my original router to see if there are any settings I may have missed.

I am wondering where I have gone wrong.  Can you help please, I have tried various changes in the settings but nothing seems to work. Even tried leaving the password blank.

On  another forum I was told this does not work with G-Fast connection. Is this right?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Issues setting up with broadband provider "EE"
2023-12-01 11:37:16

@Andy_Chan 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I think Deco X73-DSL should work with EE G-Fast connection.

Have you seen the configuration guide here:

https://ee.co.uk/help/broadband/getting-started/using-and-configuring-a-third-party-router

(I think you might be on the second "Fibre" connection.)

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-12-04 18:07:16 - last edited 2023-12-04 18:07:59
Options
2023-12-04 18:09:12
Options
2023-12-04 18:09:37
Options
2023-12-04 18:25:36

@Andy_Chan 

Sorry for all the screen shots but just after some clarification.

So when setting up my DECO mesh system after disabling WIFI on my "EE" router, what other setrtings should I change (obviously I want to make sure I don't double NAT).

1. FIREWALL on EE router/modem - Do I disable?

2. UPnP- yet again, do I disable on EE router/modem - So DECO does this?

3. Port forwarding - disable on EE router - yet again so this is managed by DECO

4. DHCP server- disable on EE router? - Also  DNS servers? -

I hope someone can help. I only ask all this as my white "EE" router is connected on "G-fast" and my DECO X73-DSL will not work with a direct connection to the G-fast socket.

Along with the X73-DSL I purchased 2 AX5400 X60 to set up with this, to complete my Mesh network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 213

Replies: 5

Related Articles