Help me choose a product please

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-27 08:57:13

Hi, I am building a second house on my property about 25 meters away from my vurrent house, I would like to extend wifi to the second house. From what I've read i have a few options and i need help deciding on what's best.

I could get something like Deco x50 outdoor and place one at the entrance of my current house, one outside and one inside the new house. I would need 3 because my current wifi range does not reach outside.

Could i insted get 2 indoor deco products for exmaple deco x20 and place one in each house, and then 1 outdoor unit like the X50, would that work as well?

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:Help me choose a product please
2023-11-28 06:56:26

@haitch 

Hi, Have you already installed any Deco units in the current main house?

Wireless Mesh Backhaul between Decos almost reaches the marginal distance and even if the second Deco is able to receive the signal from the first one in the main house, the network speed and stability would suffer a lot.

I think you could consider the business outdoor access point, like EAP225-outdoor

https://www.tp-link.com/en/business-networking/solution/outdoor-wifi/

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 179

Replies: 1

Related Articles