Issue with 6 GHz Wi-Fi on My Lenovo ThinkStation - Seeking Guidanc

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-01 11:36:48 - last edited 2023-12-04 09:34:29
Tags: #adapter
Model: Archer T6E  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: don't know

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I've hit a bit of a roadblock with my Lenovo ThinkStation P520, and I'm reaching out to this community for some advice. Here's what's going on:

Problem: My Lenovo ThinkStation P520 is not cooperating well with my TP-Link Archer T6E network adapter. Despite updating firmware and drivers, the system doesn't seem to recognize the TP-Link adapter properly. This is a bit frustrating, especially considering the reliability TP-Link is known for.

System Information:

• Workstation Model: Lenovo ThinkStation P520
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  • Network Adapter: TP-Link Archer T6E

Steps Taken:

1. Checked for system updates and installed the latest firmware.
  2. Verified that the TP-Link Archer T6E adapter is supported by the ThinkStation P520.
  3. Ensured the network adapter drivers are up to date.

Despite these efforts, the TP-Link adapter issue persists, and I'm seeking insights from the community. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem with a Lenovo ThinkStation P520 or any other Lenovo workstation when using a TP-Link Archer T6E adapter? Your advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, I'm contemplating upgrading my network adapter to a different TP-Link model that might be more compatible. If you've had positive experiences with a particular TP-Link adapter on a Lenovo workstation, could you please share the model and your thoughts on it?

Current Network Adapter: TP-Link Archer T6E

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Nancy

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issue with 6 GHz Wi-Fi on My Lenovo ThinkStation - Seeking Guidanc
2023-12-04 09:52:57

@nancytobias 

Hi, When you said "The system doesn't seem to recognize the TP-Link adapter properly", do you mean Archer T6E is not detected under the device manager?

If yes, is there a different PCI-e slot on the laptop? Or are you able to test it on a different computer?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 432

Replies: 1

Tags

adapter
Related Articles