EasyMesh Range Extenders Start Supporting Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul

EasyMesh Range Extenders Start Supporting Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul

48 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Range Extenders Start Supporting Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul
2024-07-24 11:36:28

@BillTheBong 

Hi,

I believe the firmware release you currently have on your AX55 V1 doesn't support EasyMesh via Ethernet Backhaul.

You need to either install a special beta release of the firmware (1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel74059) or install one of the 1.3.x firmware releases that have been made available through the local TP-Link webpages for the US and Taiwan yet.

Options
Re:EasyMesh Range Extenders Start Supporting Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul
2024-07-24 13:26:32

@woozle

Thanks for the info. Any idea or links to this beta firmware. I have been searching with no luck?

Cheers 

Options
2024-07-24 13:48:30

@BillTheBong 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/593722

Click the above link and then look up your router model in the list posted there.

By the way, don't be deterred by the title of the download link being crossed out. The link itself still works.

Options
2024-08-12 12:41:58

@David-TP crazy that the cheapest extender is supported before high end ones. Never buying tp-link again.

Options
2024-08-13 09:40:33
@David-TP RE315 needs Lock to AP feature. Please see to it.
Options
2024-08-13 11:03:26

@David-TP 

Hello David, I've recently bought RE700X V2 to build wired mesh system with my AX 53 V2 in my home.

After many unseccesful attempt, I saw that this product does not support ethernet backhaul in this community thread even though there is no clear statement in the product page that this product doesn't support ethernet backhaul.

From the eye of customer, I've dealed with the problem 2-3 hours and at the end I saw that my product doesn't support this feature. I've felt disappointment.

Could you please prioritize to put ethernet backhaul feature to your extenders?

Thank you.

Options
2024-08-14 09:43:40 - last edited 2024-08-14 09:51:03

@David-TP Dear TP-Link, when is it planned to have the new firmware supporting ethernet backhaul for the RE-330 ? 
Latest firmware as of now is 1.0.23 Build 230418 Rel.60395n (6985) and it does not support it yet.

I recently acquired the Router AX1500 (aka AX10) with ethernet backhaul capabilities precisely to connect with the extenders through ethernet, only to find out it was not possible to connect with ethernet ... it is important as the extenders are in different floors and the wifi signal is weak.

The backhauling over ethernet is a great idea. As of now I had the extenders in AP mode connected with ethernet. But then I am not taking advantage of the WiFi Mesh.

Thank you !!

Options
3 weeks ago
Hello, I have Archer AX53 with some RE450 extenders. Looking forward for the Ethernet back haul.
Options